Next weeks Watchtower. ' Who is leading God's people today'

by UnshackleTheChains 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Corporation bias for sure I mean who would you logically expect them to pick for Jehovah's choice but his very own self proclaimed -> earthly organization,, legally incorporated and it's Guarder Of Doctrine/Faith & Discretement Slave/ Governing Body.

The Printing company's publically/pathetically worshipped Icon. Obey Obey Obey your masters and no time for thought beyond what is written in the Awake and WT cheapo magazine/cruddy looking sheets of utterly delusional garbage.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Can you just feel the desperation in those underhanded instructions pray for us pray for us pray for us begging manner. To me this is shear desperation an all or nothing hail Mary play a call for complete obedience despite what the news may say about them being an Extremist group ban from Russia, I mean how can you live that down to the whole world when all the goods on them is broadcast all over the world and all the lawsuits they are facing. The only thing they know is manipulate, manipulate, they can't face the truth and the world will have a feast on all their property soon as more and more lawsuits are filed because of this damming bit of desperation in their writing instruction for the faithful zombies.

• waton
    waton
    Par 12, page 26, " Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. " "So how can we answer the question "Who really is the f&d s?"

comment: so this is how wt attempts to shut down any criticism of their failed prophecies, flip flop doctrines. saying here: " We are the F&DS no matter what. Even if apostates have for a century badgered us for change, correctly marked our mistakes, --Jesus has answered that question, invisibly. We say so: we are the F&DS. [of 1919}

and we assign to Gehennah any who disagree with us,, even if (or particularly when) they are proving we are, or were wrong.

But Jesus put the Identity of the F&DS in question; so if toxic untruths published are not a reason for disqualification, what is ?

not endorsing, just comparing.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Snowbird,

What I have found talking about slavery or anything black related make folks uncomfortable....when we talk about slavery or how the US was built on slavery, nobody wants to admit it...they want us to get over it....but I got a good one for those who want us to get over it...remember 911, folks still up in arms about it...still saying, they came for us, today, they are still holding a memorial for the victims of 911. Because the average American can't believe what happened.....we are America, how could they do that to us...so Americans, like you say to Black Americans, regarding slavery, get over it....so Americans get over it....All that to say, you can't bring up how a black person sees the org, white folks want us to see through the same eyes they have but we can't.

Can any white person during the time of slavery ever had to sit in the back of the hall, only because it was the law. I don't want to go on about this Snowbird, but don't get ruffled when race is mentioned on this site, when blacks comment on any site, we are always told, it's not what we think it is...

All you and I said is something that is a reality....when the illustrations of the anointed where seen they were mostly white....a chick here and there...so after all these years that the org. has been in existence only one black person is worthy.....just think if all the illustrations of the anointed or the entire WT literature was mostly black, what would white folks think....If this is God's org. and God's not partial, why did it take this long to get a black anointed....many people take offense when race is mentioned....but they are the ones that TAKE the offense, we didn't mean to offend....it's like I said, speaking about race makes some folks uncomfortable....it's 2017....it's time we listen to one another's story, whether it be Roman history, Black History, Irish History, we can all learn from one another....

Tor

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

16. What is one way to remember the Governing Body?

16. Read Hebrews 13:7. The word rendered “remember” can also be translated “mention.” Therefore, one way you can “remember those who are taking the lead” is by mentioning the Governing Body in your prayers. (Eph. 6:18) Reflect on their responsibility to supply spiritual food, to oversee the global preaching work, and to manage donated funds. Surely they need our persistent petitions in their behalf!

So. We are to mention the head of a publishing corporation specifically in our prayers ie the 'Governing Body'. This unique name that manifested itself in the 1940's; despite the fact that this term is used generally by various corporations and organisations world wide

Definition of governing body in English:

governing body

NOUN

• A group of people who formulate the policy and direct the affairs of an institution in partnership with the managers, especially on a voluntary or part-time basis.

‘the school's governing body’

Heb 13:7 says we are to remember those taking the lead among us and Consider the outcome of their behaviour and to imitate their faith

Well, we do remember eg Geoffrey Jackson's performance at the Australian Royal Commissions hearing. That was memorable!!

We also remember their behaviour. At first glance, they look like really nice caring men on JW broadcasting; but as this site and many others have shown, the Governing Body have total disregard for members who have been emotionally and physically hurt because of the policies 'they' are happy to keep in place regardless. This, despite the many many outcries of thousands of individuals pleading for change to some of these hurtful policies. The 'leaders' show no mercy. That is their behaviour towards the flock.

Eph 6:18 says to offer supplication for the holy ones.

Clearly a prayer in general for ALL Christians.

Yet the rank and file are being spoon fed the idea that the holy ones are specifically the seven men in upstate New York called uniquely 'the Governing Body' (the leadership of a very large publishing corporation which originally was not to be viewed as a religion, but simply a business as stated by Charles Taze Russell)

If the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses want to earn true respect as leaders, they need to make some very big changes and put an end to the misery and pain suffered because of their policies. Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their many unnesessary rules that were a burden on the people.

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses-

Your many rules are burdensome to your members. Have the mind of Christ and put an end to ALL 'your' unnesessary rules.

Show mercy, Show kindness, Show humility, Show love
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Amen, Tor, amen.

Amen, USTC, amen.

Sylvia

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I'm actually going to the KH to see paragraph 12 discussed...first time back in 5 years after fading...I'm looking forward to the questions as to why I popped back for this meeting.

My answer will be well it is nice to see the GB admit that Jehoover has nothing to do with WT doctrines or policies because that is why I left!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just reading those study articles made my head hurt.

So many loop the loops, twists and turns to justify their authority, and always ending up at square one

The flimsy evidence they produce to show that Jesus of Nazareth appointed them as His FDS is laughable.

Also, paragraph one of the second study states that Jesus of Nazareth had been with His disciples for 2 years ...

Two years???????!!!!!!!

If, according to WT, His ministry lasted for 3 and 1/2 years, and the Bible shows right after His baptism He selected His apostles and sent them out to gather others, how could He have been with them for only 2 years?

Sylvia

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Two years???????!!!!!!!
    If, according to WT, His ministry lasted for 3 and 1/2 years, and the Bible shows right after His baptism He selected His apostles and sent them out to gather others, how could He have been with them for only 2 years?

Hi Sylvia,

According to the WT, Jesus started choosing his disciples soon after his baptism. However, it was sometime during the passover period of 31 CE that Jesus selected the 12 apostles from the bigger number of disciples who were already following him. Hence, officially, 'the 12 apostles' as a group were with Jesus for 2 years out of his 3 and a half year ministry. (Passover 31 CE to Passover 33 CE). Individually, some of these were there with Jesus as his disciples much earlier, but were not chosen yet as his apostles.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Here's the real play on words....they have already decided THEY ARE GOD'S PEOPLE....and so the question and answer here is that it's been established the JW'S ARE GOD'S PEOPLE and so with that said, who is in charge of the already claimed and famed God's people, well, no other then us the GB's no The FDS class no, The anointed class, oh heck, what ever the flavor is for now, just know you have been selected as God's people & never you mind who is leading you....JUST DO AS I SAY, BECAUSE GOD TOLD ME SO, BUT REMEMBER, WE ARE NOT INSPIRED NOR INFALLIBLE....SO STAY TUNED....GOD MAY CHANGE HIS MIND OOPS MEANT TO SAY WE/GOD CHANGED OUR MINDS, AND SO WHAT WE CALL IT BRIGHT LIGHT AND YOU SAW IT BEFORE WE DID, BUT YOU BETTER NOT SAY NUTT'IN, BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU ALL RIGHT!!!

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit