Comments You Won't Hear at the 12-14-03 WT Study

by blondie 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Judges 4:8-10 "At this Ba´rak said to her: "If you will go with me, I also shall certainly go; but if you will not go with me, I shall not go." To this she said: "Without fail I shall go with you. Just the same, the beautifying thing will not become yours on the way that you are going, for it will be into the hand of a woman that Jehovah will sell Sis´e·ra." With that Deb´o·rah got up and went with Ba´rak to Ke´desh. And Ba´rak began to call Zeb´u·lun and Naph´ta·li together to Ke´desh, and ten thousand men went on up following his steps; and Deb´o·rah went on up with him."

Barak was too sissy to go on his own - he needed a lady with him to 'hold his hand.' Awww. So Debbie said, "I'll come with you, but Jehovah is going to get a woman to do your dirty work for you, because you are so lily-livered."

• Faraon
    Faraon
    Barak was too sissy to go on his own - he needed a lady with him to 'hold his hand.' Awww. So Debbie said, "I'll come with you, but Jehovah is going to get a woman to do your dirty work for you, because you are so lily-livered."

And Jehovah cannot do it on his own. He must have his murdering done for him, wheather man or woman.

• AlanB
    AlanB

Well we have out own resident Woman WT Study conductor here, and it makes a hell of a lot more sense and is more interesting than the old comprehension exercise we used to have back at the hall.

A

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AlanB said Well we have out own resident Woman WT Study conductor here, and it makes a hell of a lot more sense and is more interesting than the old comprehension exercise we used to have back at the hall. Well said AlanB -- I can not praise Blondie enough

It is what really pisses me off about fundamentalist Islam and the WTBTS -- they in effect ignore or worse the contirbution of 50% of the worlds population - women. They deny the world the graeter good and hence civilization as a whole, the contribution of women -- how backward, stoneage and sick - total vomit alert

• Faraon
    Faraon
    It is what really pisses me off about fundamentalist Islam and the WTBTS -- they in effect ignore or worse the contirbution of 50% of the worlds population - women. They deny the world the graeter good and hence civilization as a whole, the contribution of women -- how backward, stoneage and sick - total vomit alert

The irony of all of this is that women inherit their genes 50% from the father and 50% from their mother. Men on the other hand inherit most of their genes from their mother due to the Y chromosome missing one fourth of our genes. Take a look at an X and a Y. You'll see the missing fourth. Women will express sex linked illnesses at only half the ratio of men.

Even in general illnesses not related to genes, (or maybe they are somehow?) Men are more likely to die from any illnesses that affects both sexes except whooping cough and gonococcal infections. We are biologically, at least, the weaker sex.

How can anyone think that women are inferior when they come from our genes? How can any human being condemn his own flesh to subservence? I don't know. I think centuries of male-dominated religions took their toll.

By the way, women are not 50% of the general population. There are more women alive than men, although more men are born than women.

I'll take science over religion any time.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

from the lesson today:

Hence, the wife's subjection to her husband in no way implies inferiority. Rather, it dignifies a woman, allowing her to use her many gifts and talents in harmony with God's will.

Always the doublespeak; less is more, and subjection is freedom. The unexpressed thought here is that to speak out, think independently and stand out without a husband or elder's permission, is to use their gifts against God's will. Hmm.

What is another way we can show our concern? In our prayers we should petition Jehovah to support such dear, faithful sisters to continue loyally in their service. They deserve to be reassured that they are warmly loved and deeply appreciated by Jehovah and the entire Christian congregation.--Psalm 37:28.

Expressed another way: Better pray for 'em, cause we sure are NOT going to initiate any charitable arrangement for them, or help raise the kids they probably had out of wedlock; we are saving our money for the pioneers, the real christians. The slackers and those not clever or duplicitous enough to get a man will get none of our resources. AND we won't let the local congregations start anything either.

The gender policy of the WT is so unbelievably shortsighted; the thing is, they are locked into it. They have continued with the policy of all things being true and correct in the Bible; thus, the stupid fate of Jepthah's daughter (did God really want Jephthah to sacrifice his daughter??? and does she have a name??), the ranting against women by the apostle Paul, a real believer in keeping women down; and the scandalous denial of the role of Deborah. Here the WT does exactly what they demonize in every other faith: they say that what the Bible says, it does not MEAN. And so it denies the reality of women's role in Israel and even the early christian congregation.

Well, stupid policy begets stupid behavior. Just look around you at the hall.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think we study the watchtower better now than we ever did before.

Thanks to blondie for bring out all the high (low?) points. I was fortunate enough to be sick this morning.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Faraon

that post about Jepthat's daughter just blew me away...I have never heard that before. Isn't that inconsistent with what the Isrealites did, though? It was my understanding that they did not make human sacrifices....I see all the references there.that you posted regarding her. But he had promised god the first person he saw, wouldnt that have been against what the Isrealites practiced if Jepthat knew it was going to be a burnt sacrifice?

are there other examples that you can give where the Isrealites would have offered human sacrifices? This was supposed to be one of the main things that seperated Isrealites from the other peoples out there...the ones that the Isrealites were practicing genocide against of course.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Umm, Isaac?

O

• Faraon
    Faraon

Eyebrow2,

1Corinthians 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

2Corinthians 2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Besides the well known Isaac and Jesus...

Ezekiel 20

25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

Logical, of course: to give them statutes that were not good so they know he is the lord? That just blows my mind.

Joshua 6

17But you must destroy it and everything in it, to show that it now belongs to the LORD. [1] The woman Rahab helped the spies we sent, [2] so protect her and the others who are inside her house. But kill everyone else in the town.

Footnotes

6.17 destroy. . . now belongs to the LORD: Destroying a city and everything in it, including its people and animals, showed that it belonged to the LORD and could no longer be used by humans.

6.17 sent: See 2.1,21.

That "everyone else" included inocent babies and animals.

20 When the trumpets sounded, the people shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the people gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so every man charged straight in, and they took the city. 21 They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it-men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.

Devoted meaning sacrificed to Jehovah.

Isaiah 34

5 For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.

6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Sacrifices with unicorns coming down to them? I thought they were extinct before the flood.

Exodus 13

11 And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, as he sware unto thee and to thy fathers, and shall give it thee,

12 That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD's.

13 And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.

14 And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:

15 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.

16 And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt

Sorry. I am getting tired.

Hope it was enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit