Evolution is a Fact #10 - Non-Coding DNA

by cofty 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Fisherman casually dismisses all the evidence for evolution and claims that there's a basis for this, without actually going to the trouble of showing us the supporting evidence.

It would be like a Judge presiding over a murder case, rejecting all the evidence (e.g. entry and exit wounds, fingerprints) that points to homicide, and simply asserting that 'God did it', without offering any supporting evidence.

I hope you don't want to become a Judge, Fisherman.

I guess I'm guilty of indulging in pigeon chess.

Back to the OP. Yes, non-coding regions of DNA are clear evidence that evolution happened, and clear evidence that intelligent design didn't happen.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

No it only seems that way

That possibility exists independently from me.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fisherman casually dismisses all the evidence

Really!! Is that what you think I have done?

• cofty
    cofty
    Really!! Is that what you think I have done?

Yes

I have had conversations with you on the subject before Fisherman. It was clear that you don't have the first clue about the science and that you have never read a single book on the subject.

Nevertheless you think it is valid for you have an opinion on the topic.

I have made 10 simple posts on the subject recently in the hope of opening a dialogue with people like yourself.

How about it?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

It was clear that you don't have the first clue about the science and that you have never read a single book on the subject.

Are you kidding? And what do you know about my education? -But that is not a factor here. I have stated that the possibility exists for evolution to be falsified (that is not semantics you confused pseudo scientist) INDEPENDENTLY from what I believe (even if I believe in evolution) and that is one reason why evolution is not a fact even if you believe that it is.

• cofty
    cofty
    I have stated that the possibility exists for evolution to be falsified

I agree - The same degree of possibility that the earth will turn out to be flat.

Now let's agree to disagree about my use of the word fact and discuss the evidence?

You have 10 topics to choose from so far. Would you like to have a conversation about one of these or another area of evolution that interests you more?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I agree - The same degree of possibility that the earth will turn out to be flat.

May suggest that you read Aristotle? I do not reply no nonsense -end of discussion.

• cofty
    cofty
    I do not reply no nonsense -end of discussion. - Fisherman

Oh the irony!

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

One of the things that always gets me about evolution is that of perpetuation. Now I appreciate it is slow and deliberate over many years however how does evolution explain the lack of perpetuating change in humans. Why the sudden stop? Why aren't humans still evolving?

With the ruins found at Gobekli Tepe some 12,000 years ago, other than how we procure food, we are much the same. Industrious, religious and human. I get this isn't a vast amount of time in the grand scheme not my point here.

The point I'm making is we don't really see any signs of the perpetuation of evolution in humans. We are still humans with largely the same races even. Ethiopians/Africans date back millions. Still indigenous to the same area.

So where's the change? Where's the perpetuation of evolution in evidence in our day.

Too bad I can't be around in a few thousand years to see humans grow densely thick skin and extra eyelids to combat the deterioration of the Earth's atmosphere that's letting harmful rays in.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I could sum up the above in one sentence.

Where is the proof of evolution in humans today? I don't see it.

See if evolution is perpetual (constant changes) over many many years certainly many thousands or perhaps millions of years ago a change would have been catapult into action to where we'd see existence of this over the past several centuries, yet nada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit