Interesting Wallpaper

by NeonMadman 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

My wife and I live in a small town in northern New Jersey. There is a building near our house that, many decades ago, used to be the local post office. It sat idle for many years, but a couple of years ago, some folks bought it and renovated it into a nice little cafe. Last night was my wife's birthday, and that was where she wanted to go, so we had dinner there. In one room of the restaurant, they had papered the walls with all sorts of ephemera that was probably found in the building - old invoices, newspaper clippings, letters, postcards, certificates, etc. Anything and everything, just put on the wall and sealed over. Right behind my wife's chair, I looked down and saw a familiar face, and I snapped a picture for posterity. Odd to find "wallpaper" of this sort just a short distance from my house.

Interesting Wallpaper

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, NeonMadman, for sharing.

Rutherford's still in the news . . .

CC

• millie210
    millie210

I bet you had to look twice when you saw that!

Definitely falls in to the ephemeral category as you mentioned!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

what a great find!

thanks for sharing!

• cofty
    cofty
    Amazing find. Thanks for sharing that.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Proof indeed that Rutherford was crazy, and JWs have no idea of the lies told, covered up, buried, forgotten.... all in a nice sweet, "It's all good" package.
  • prologos
    prologos

looks like undelivered junk mail left in the abandoned building. abandoned, no surprise, since, according to the paper,  the world had ended 100 years ago. and 

Historical finds as this establish proof,  as to why wt writers at that time,- circa 1919 , -were rightfully declared the only Faithful and Discreet Slave(s) ever. 

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes Rutherford was a corrupt religious charlatan who tried to sell the return of Jesus Christ.

Some good shit to attract attention to literature though.

God Bless America and its freedom of religion.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hi, NeonMadman. It was so nice of you to treat your wife to a birthday meal at the cafe of her choice. You, sir, are a wise man. I hope you both enjoyed the evening and made some memories.

If you happen to return to that cafe, would you take another look at that "interesting wallpaper" and note the exact date of that issue? I'd like to try to locate a copy of that entire issue and read the article for myself. Thanks!

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Man, that is incredible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit