Is it true that they decided not to build Walkill Recreation center and then buried the foundation?

by Indian Larry 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I saw this on Ex JW Reddit:

"This may not be news to you but it was to me. Forgive me if this has already been posted before. It came from a reliable source working on the Warwick project.

1. Wallkill Bethel had broken ground and laid the foundation for a new recreation building. Construction on the building was cancelled and they buried the foundation. That's not a misprint, they buried it. RIP

2. The Governing Body decided to downsize the crews working on the Warwick project and start sending people home ahead of schedule. Also, they were going to start moving people from hotels into the finished residence buildings. This was mentioned to the Warwick workforce. However, they were banking on getting out of the hotel contracts early(these are the hotel rooms that they are renting to house volunteers) the hotels wouldn't let them, so the workers are remaining on the project until the contracts end with the hotels and they will be forced to continue to pay for the rooms.

It seems to me that the second point is related to the adjusted finish date for the project."

Does anyone have INDEPENDENT confirmation that this is true. Even better does anyone have before /after photos?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

IL:

I don't have any more info to add, so I'm also waiting to hear if anyone else does.

Having said that, the story, if true, gives me the sense that they see a rather intense financial difficulty looming for them.

Bobcat

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Help me out here if I am wrong but isn't the property they are building on a chemical dump? The same with the property they bought in England. Both properties they bought on the cheap because no one wanted to live on a toxic waste site. Did their JW Law degree graduates tell them buy the land, start building and then oops, file a substantial claim, sue everyone, and say that this property should never have been sold to anyone, thus getting all their money back plus interest? That's what I am waiting to hear. Cha ching.

That is what has been going through my mind, evil though the thought.

@As to the OP and 'burying" a foundation for a rec hall, I cannot figure what these 'enlightened' ones have done in the past, let alone what's the next idiotioc thing they are going to do. Whatever it is, WT/GB is all about making sure no one wises up and takes money AWAY from THEM. lol

LoisLane

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    OMG they're so duplicitous! They brag about finishing ahead of schedule but it's only because they've not built whole buildings! They just have to spin everything!
  • Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

LOISLANE, coded logic

if the thread starter is right it is about the old bethel/farm etc. WALKILL

Not at the new place WARWICK

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Building a foundation and then covering it over with dirt... why, that doesn't appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint at all.
  • Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot

I have heard from a Wallkill Bethelite that they aren't building the recreation center. They didn't say anything about burying the foundation but I'm sure that's what happened because I remember them pointing out where it was going to be.

Wallkill is "the farm" and so is different from the new world headquarters in Warwick. It's not much of a working farm anymore but that's how many JWs think of it

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Was the rec hall to be at Wallkill or at Warwick? I'm a bit confused
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    If they postponed the building of a rec hall after starting the foundation, it could be uncovered later and used with no harm done. A little unusual, perhaps, but not crazy.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Luke 14:28-30 - "For example, who of you wanting to build a tower does not first sit down and calculate the expense to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, he might lay its foundation but not be able to finish it, and all the onlookers would start to ridicule him, saying: ‘This man started to build but was not able to finish.’"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit