A New Year and a New Start For Lurkers

by The Searcher 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

What better time of the year (than Hogmanay) to encourage lurkers to examine black & white examples of Org teachings which are false, and for them to rebelliously examine what is presented as "truth?" (KM September 2007 - Question Box)

Here are some previous examples for those who have yet to read them:

#1 - Christ's ransom sacrifice was meaningless, because the Org's literal interpretation of Romans 6:7 assures us that our personal death wipes out our sins"! (w98 7/1 p. 22 par. 15 - "when they died, they were acquitted of the sins they committed during their lifetime.") Christ didn't die for our sins, we do that for ourselves!

#2 - The foreigners who joined the Israelites, and picture the 'other sheep', were not participants of the Law Covenant - they were only "beneficiaries."

w98 2/1 p. 11 par. 13 - "What was the standing of such proselytes? When Jehovah made his covenant, it was only with Israel; those of the vast mixed company," although present, were not named as participants. See also jr chap. 14 p. 169 par. 4

(Deuteronomy 29:10-15 debunks this one, as does the inclusion of two "non"-Israelites who were included in the Messiah's family tree - Rahab & Ruth!)

#3 - w10 4/15 p. 11 par. 17 - "How will Jehovah use his holy spirit in the coming new world? That spirit will be the force behind the new scrolls that will be opened at that time. (Rev. 20:12) What will these contain? Evidently, Jehovah’s detailed requirements for us during the thousand years."

(Revelation 20:12 says nothing about "new" scrolls, nor anything about them containing teachings - they contain judgments. Verses 1-11 clearly show that the scrolls are only opened after Satan is destroyed - not during the 1000 years.)

#4 - All serious sins must be reported to J.W. elders, who will then appoint a Judicial Committee to investigate, interrogate, and then have their judgment announced to the congregation.

(A role-playing exercise for Family Worship Evening:- follow Jesus' "script" at Matthew 18:15-17 and see exactly how every Christian should deal with such a situation. No elders or committees mentioned!)

#5 Every Christian must witness for............................................. Jehovah???????

Not according to the Bible. Not one single Scripture even hints at this for Christians, but an abundance of them commands Christians to witness for Christ! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/70840001/attention-all-bethelite-lurkers

Have a truly rewarding 2016 by testing the "inspired expressions" from Brooklyn which are bewildering and distressing so many who are suffering in silence.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Thanks The Searcher. That was amazing!! Happy New Year!!
  • EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken
    Hey Searcher- Thanks for the nice list. I'll put that in my back pocket.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    No. 4 about reporting sins to the Eldubs. Nothing more than a control mechanism. If one repents in his/her heart, that's all that matters & Christ will realize that.
  • All for show
    All for show

I love reading your posts. The scriptures debunking common JW belief. Amazing. So simple.

Question: Whats the point of the JW saying there are new scrolls with new instructions? I grew up hearing it, but whats the point?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Wow. Good points for further research. Happy New Year!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you The Searcher for this list , hopefully I can put it to use one day.

smiddy

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Happy New Year to you too!!!!!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Great post!
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    X (thanks Searcher)

Share this

Google+