Curtailing zoom

by road to nowhere 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

There has been nothing in writing about discontinuing zoom or making assesments of publishers need to be on zoom. At least not here in the U.S

Perhaps the CO's were given a letter to assess and make comments/reccomendations during CO Visits. I am sure the reason the org went this route if they did was due to the fact that many Elders are on zoom for no apparent reason unless they have a part. I was told this by someone in a cong close to "the temple in Jerusalem"....Warwick

• blondie
    blondie

I have checked with an ex-jw that has files on the letters sent to the elders. Perhaps they can find something and will post it here.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

they are doing away with Zoom

I really doubt it but who knows. It would stop those zoomers from the meetings all together because that won’t force them to go in person. At least with zoom people that can’t or don’t want to go in person can get the information via zoom. But if you shut down zoom and force people to have to go in person to the kh, sadly you will lose a lot of people

• blondie
    blondie

Fisherman, I have thought this too. "But if you shut down zoom and force people to have to go in person to the kh, sadly you will lose a lot of people." That is why I don't think the WTS will "forbid" jws. In the bad old days, the WTS/through congregation elders, restricted people from tuning into the meetings on their phones. The people had to ask the elders, and then the elders had to check into whether those people had a "valid" reason for using the "privilege." If the person qualified, then they were given the password to sign on, but it was only good for a month. People who had the password, were told sternly not to share the password with anyone else. One elder told me his elderly jw mother, had to request it herself and be vetted, he could not share his password with her.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Think there's only one reason for meetings and that's donations. Have someone at Bethel figured out people are not donating enough when on zoom, it's bye bye zoom. Have they notice they get much more money from selling halls, they gonna keep zoom and continue the sell out. I don't think org is counting on much donations. They seem too be focusing on the real estate market. Sure org likes control they have with in person meetings. But I think they like money even more.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Have someone at Bethel figured out people are not donating enough when on zoom, it's bye bye zoom. Have they notice they get much more money from selling halls, they gonna keep zoom and continue the sell out......They seem too be focusing on the real estate market.

I agree. They purchased a large building in Long Island, NY rumored to be renovated into an assembly hall in the near future. Long Island has a decent resale value so no doubt this is an investment property.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Rank & file are hanging onto their money due to high cost of living & overall inflation. I've heard that a number of congregations are operating in the red & very little in the contribution boxes is going to Mother in New York. Doing away with Zoom is only going to Piss-Off rank & file even more...won't help with morale or donations.

WT/Mother was smart to invest in remodeling, construction & real estate businesses on the side...WT should also consider selling junk-food like hamburgers, hotdogs, ect....they've proven they can persuade members to buy into their unhealthy Spiritual Junk Food...why not fast food junk-food!😂😂😂

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

JWGonebad... actually they used to rake in huge sums of money selling hamburgers and hotdogs at District Assemblies. Some here might recall the coupon book you had to buy beforehand if you wanted to eat. But they figured out that discontinuing food service led to more cash in the cardboard boxes at the end of each day.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

JWgonebad..."very little in contribution boxes going to Mother" ---in the US, the congregations are to send at least $8.25 per publisher to "Mother" ...I would think they were getting that much in. The congregations I went to always seemed to have surplus and sometime do votes to send in more. ( The R and F don't know they are worth 8.25 a month.--one reason I disassociated: I didn't want them to get $8.25 because my name was there.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Blondie

The people had to ask the elders, and then the elders had to check into whether those people had a "valid" reason

Well, nowadays if they don’t qualify for zoom it means they won’t be going to meetings at all. Like I said, some people want to attend the meetings but they can’t or don’t want to go in person and that is that. If they could or wanted to they would— so they won’t be going at all if they shut down zoom. and they can’t get it on youtube. I don’t feel the shepherding wants this to happen. Sure ideally they want everybody to go in person but if that is not possible they must allow zoom access or those people ain’t going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit