"Isn't it disgusting?", a sister said to me in service today

by Isambard Crater 37 Replies latest jw friends

• baker
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why is it so wrong for gay people to practice homosexuality (and bisexuality) in their own homes between consenting parties? It is one thing to push it in the face of the whole population, as if they deserve special rights. It is another to accept people that prefer their own sex or both sexes and leave them alone to do as they wish. The last I knew, just practicing homosexuality is not an infringement on my freedom, nor is it infringing on anyone else.

In fact, why joke-hova would even act at all if a population is exclusively gay is beyond me. In order for babies to be born, at least some have to do hetero sex. Otherwise, they will not reproduce, and the whole exclusively homosexual group will die off on its own. And yet, joke-hova had to speed up the whole process (Sodom and Gomorrah, anyone). Then the jokehovian witlesses rub salt into the wounds, proclaiming that joke-hova will destroy anyone just for practicing something that is not an infringement on anyone's freedom.

As for that lame "You will get AIDS", it was joke-hova that put AIDS and other diseases into the picture and then blames people that have sex for those diseases. Not to mention, making it a horrible "crime" to merely mention that AIDS was invented and put into vaccines to be spread through the world instead of the lame story of having been started with bestial sex (which is abuse of animals, not a means of creating new viruses). With no joke-hova, these diseases never would have started in the first place. And, as I see it, there is no way of spreading a disease that is not there.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

They justify this behavior and attitude with the bible, where actual scripture state:

".....and God gave them up, due to their disapproved mental state...."

and

of course the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What would this 'sister(tm)' make of her former leaders, Leo Greenleas and Ewart Schitty?

Don't those snobby Jobos love to be superior and special?!

It's ironic. She'll put her money in the contribution box to protect the paedophile elder that's abusing her JW nephew.

They just don't get it!

• blondie
    blondie

Time has changed...when I was a teenager adultery and fornication were against the law, yes, you could be arrested.

Landlords would not rent to male/female couples unless they presented their marriage certificate...........I am old!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I trust that the O/P reminded her companion of the recent Circuit Ass. Demo that told them to "have respect for all people" when discussing gays . It would be easy to give "counsel" to her and more beneficial than just venting on here. ( I know how you feel though, we often think later of things we might have said)

BTW how does an awake ex believer manage to still go in service?

• blondie
    blondie

Unfortunately, BluesBrother, many jws interpret that as what to say to non-jws but they feel free to share real feelings about those groups with fellow jws who of course must share the same.

• Mum
    Mum

What is really disgusting is the level of ignorance, bigotry and hatred JW's are required to carry around with them. It must be debilitating. No wonder so many JW's are ill or think they're ill so much of the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit