"Isn't it disgusting?", a sister said to me in service today

by Isambard Crater 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would of trashed her by reminding her that Jesus said not to judge not to exalt ourselves and mankind is not perfect.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The most intense human love in the Bible is between two men; David and Jonathan. David's example of marriage is a disaster and includes murder. Look at what God commanded Ezekiel to do and go with a prostitute. Concubinage and brother in law/ sister in law unions were acceptable and desirable. Jesus never married and most of the other characters were without wife. Marry your rapist is one of the prize quotes!

What sort of example does the most sacred and Holy Bible provide: what most Christians might call perversion!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Isnt it disgusting! The judgemental, bigoted, hateful self-righteous pratt of a witness"

But after all, ToMo3 did help to make such attitudes acceptable to witnesses!

Was that person at the door wearing Tight Pants by any chance??

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was on a mountain hike with my visiting uber JW Brother and Sister in Law and two ordinary looking men passed us on the trail going in the opposite direction. As soon as they passed, my Bro in law said " They've gotta' be gay". Then my sister in law said with disgust "We were driving behind a bunch of Fags when we were out in service the other day! "

I couldn't believe it. I've known them for decades and I knew they live in a small town and are a bit redneck but I had no idea they were so hateful toward gay people in particular.

I said. " So Bob....how is it, that you can tell within a few seconds whether another guy is gay or not...how did you become such an expert on the topic of gay men ? That shut his mouth pretty quick. She went to say that the people she saw out in service, had a rainbow flag on their car and went on to point out how disgusting they are to Jehovah.

I pointed out " The Bible categorizes all sorts of things such as drunkenness, idolatry, adultry etc. into one disapproved category and they all supposedly receive the same judgement yet it seems like you guys feel being gay is somehow worse to God than the rest are. If a young man and woman walked past us, you wouldn't jump to conclusions and exclaim " Fornicators ....I bet they're not married and are sleeping together ! "

The saw my point but I know they're as closed minded as ever on the topic....they just hide it better now.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Pete Zahut:

I'm from a redneck small town area in Arkansas that has 2 congregations and have relatives in both which is why I left the area as soon as I could in the late 90s and I'm sure a lot of people knew I was gay or suspected even though I was not out. I'm out to friends and some family but I don't see the need to completely out myself to everybody that I'm around since I'm not that social anyway.

One of my nephews (never a JW) is 28 and he tells me it is no longer a big deal if anybody is gay anymore; however that is still not the case. The bigotry, hatred and hostility is just hidden more.

LRG

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Whatever happened to "hate the sin, not the sinner?"

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

If somebody believes that my expression of love and affection to another human being who happens to be somebody of the same sex is a sin they are not somebody that I want in my life.

LRG

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So funny they label gays when out in service or around other Dubs, but I'm sure there's a few gay folks in their congregation, but then they say "Jehovah will clean out his organization in due time". I've told the story here many many times why I choose the moniker of ShirleyW. which shows the hypocrisy of homosexuals in da troof in the congregation I grew up in.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is wonderful that she expressed her innermost feelings.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In the Spanish JW congs, only the older JWs have this ignorant attitude. The younger generation is different, more accepting of the fact that these are individuals like any other.

I'm glad the younger JW generation has progressed to understanding the LGBTQ community.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit