Ponderings of a Worldly Person

by Nevuela 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

My roommate has told me about how her previous congregation (before moving) helped a worldly woman who came to them pretending to be a JW after the Red Cross gave her a single can of soup to feed her and her kids. They knew right away that she was not a JW because she requested Halloween candy for trick-or-treaters along with the various foods her family needed. They gave her everything she asked for, minus the candy, and told her she didn't need to lie to get help. Hard to believe, huh? But my roommate was there and was one of several who donated food to the woman.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I never said I believed in the Illuminati.

the Illuminati HAS been proven to exist.

Personally, I don't know what to believe.

I know you won't like me saying this but I feel so sorry for you. It feels like you're trapped in some kind of no man's land.

Just keep reading stuff that challenge your beliefs. Christopher Hitchens makes compelling arguments.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Nevuela - "...I think she meant the UN, as she has claimed before that the UN is going to ban religion."

You should read a bit about just how powerful the UN actually is (spoiler alert: not in the slightest).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hard to believe, huh?

No not really JWS are not that cold hearted and apathetic but then again so are many other people relgoius or not.

Quite frankly I like the JWS position on Halloween, its too frightening and disturbing for young sensitive children the way its presented, aside from the fact that its inherently comes from an old Druid celebration tradition.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Giordano - I tried exactly what you said, but as you can see, it didn't highlight. :(

I am writing this part before I pull your quote as I find it easier to 'escape' from the yellow quote box if I want to continue a point of view. Just a couple of words will do. Then I am going to copy and paste your statement. Then highlight that statement, click on the quote option.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

wizzstick - If you had actually read any of my posts in their entirety, rather than scanning them for key words to try to prove some kind of baseless point, you would see that I made it very clear that I don't know whether to believe in all the things the conspiracy theorists claim the Illuminati is doing. THAT is what I meant. When people talk about the Illuminati, they are, more often than not, referring to them in terms of conspiracies, not disputing their very existence.

They have existed in some form or another for centuries, but to quote my earlier statement: "To what extent they exist as an organization hellbent on taking over the world, nobody knows. They could just be a harmless old boys' club, or they could be something more sinister."

Ironically, this statement comes from the same post you're quoting from. It looks like you just conveniently stopped reading it when you got your third and final quote as ammo to use against me, because literally the very next sentence is what I quoted here. If you're going to try to pick fights with people, do a bit more research on them first.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Finkelstein - How is Halloween even remotely frightening? What kind of sheltered children are too terrified to dress up and go door to door for candy? I honestly cannot get a grasp on this, as Halloween has been my favorite holiday for as long as I can remember.

It's actually gotten less scary over the years. I remember my mom telling me how much scarier costumes and haunted houses were when she was growing up. I've seen pictures, so I don't doubt her. By and large, Halloween has gone from PG-13 down to G. PG at worst. And to top it all off, most trick-or-treating is done in broad daylight (here in California, at least). As a kid in the eighties, I recall not going out until it was almost completely dark. Sure, there are still many kids trick-or-treating after dark these days, but most of them start before dusk and finish up before eight o'clock. And it's usually the older kids.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ Nevuela - Welcome!

The Watchtower and Illuminati connection is very plausible being that at one point they did include a picture of the Illuminati symbol in one of their books. I believe it may have been the Live Forever book. You can see the screenshot I've attached.

You may also want to check out Fritz Springmeier on Google and how he connects the Watchtower with the Illuminati. Charles Taze Russell was an admitted Freemason and his tombstone to this day has Illuminati symbols on it.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Tenacious - Thank you!

Those but few of the many the signs I've come across that hint at the connection. The way the org is working to control its followers is a pretty good indicator on its own. If the Illuminati IS running it, they could easily dispose of millions by asking them to literally drink the Koolaid, and you can be sure that the majority will do it.

• Landy
    Landy

Landy - I don't appreciate your attitude.

That's a shame

For one, I never said I believed in the Illuminati. I said the theory makes sense to me. Do you even have any idea what I am talking about? Google "Watchtower" and "Illuminati". The theories happen explain a lot about why the Watchtower operates the way it does. I just happen to find it interesting in light of the fact that my roommate is such a hardcore conspiracy theorist.

If you think the 'illuminati' control the WTBS then you need your head read.

Personally, I don't know what to believe. I already explained that I am agnostic, and that goes far beyond my take on religion. Just as you cannot prove that God doesn't exist, you cannot prove the Illuminati doesn't exist, either. In fact, the Illuminati HAS been proven to exist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati To what extent they exist as an organization hellbent on taking over the world, nobody knows. They could just be a harmless old boys' club, or they could be something more sinister.

You're right, you can't prove god doesn't exist. Good job we don't have to as the status quo is that the 3000 mystical deities out there don't exist. It's up to their believers to put a coherent compelling case for their existence.

I cba to google but istr the illuminati being an 18th century group that were disbanded in the early 19th century? What evidence, apart from the insane ramblings of David Icke, do you have that they are a secret world dominating cabal?

I literally don't know what to believe, as I have heard sound arguments on both sides. To just blindly assume nobody is trying to control or decimate the human population is just as foolish and dangerous as it is being a hardcore conspiracy theorist. It is important to be open-minded and willing to research and discuss things, rather than assume one knows everything already. The fool speaks; the wise one listens.

There's a difference between being open minded and being a gullible idiot. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit