Bible Dramas - they really have no idea

by eyeslice 14 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

It seems the Watchtower are ploughing ahead with bigger and better film studios but come on, they really have no idea.

How come all the people in times past look like healthy, middle class Americans/ Europeans/Australians in costume? Get real. Even a visit to rural India today would give a hint of how people probably lived back then. People in the main were dirty. Many were disabled or diseased. Women had a high chance of dying in child birth and half of all kids died before their 5th birthday. They lived in poor quality houses with their animals. Life was tough.

But in WT videos they are all bright-eyed, clean and speak with animated American accents.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Near constant state of war as well. We live in the best of times. Most of us have a quality and length of life unprecedented in history.
  • ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Similar to the modern day videos they produce. PIMIs live in nice homes and don't seem to have any anxiety about making a living (on janitorial pay). They don't seem to be on anti-depressants (65% are in reality by some estimates) or self-medicating with alcohol (heavy drinking and alcoholism is off the charts among elder bodies).

They look so happy, but in reality, most congs are plaqued with dissension, fighting, soft and hard shunning, hidden CSA and more.

JW's cannot be honest as they redact their own history. Now they are trying to redact the misery of those living in Bible times.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Would be interesting to see how they might handle anything to do with Solomon and his many wives (how many extras would that require lol). Typically, girls would be betrothed anywhere between 10 and 12 and married between 14 and 16. By their mid twenties they probably looked like old hags after giving birth to numerous children.

Life was hard and short back then, getting married at puberty at least ensured the population would survive.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know....most JW's hate each other.....dissention runs rampant.🙄

• hoser
    hoser

In the modern day jw videos every publisher lives in a million dollar home, drives a 100k car all on window washer pay while the wife is a regular pioneer.

• surprised2bhere
    surprised2bhere

Have been sniggering at the home page of Borg website with the depiction of

Jesus and apostles at Last Supper. Those boys have done some serious work on their hair. Bizarre!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    Those boys have done some serious work on their hair. Bizarre!

It would be quite hard in real life to find twelve guys that look so similar and with identical haircuts - lol.

The WT's depiction of Jesus has always perpetuated the notion that Jesus was some sort of good looking American from centuries back. I suppose their images are better nowadays than when they used showed Jesus as clean-shaven (let's not raise the subject of beards again here!!) but still, nowhere near the reality of what Jesus would have looked like.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

As the Borg continues to build larger and larger drama and video studios. As the 'end draws nearer and nearer' and as the skies grow dark.

The cognitive dissonance must give the sheeple a cerebral hemhorage.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It amuses me the way the beards are so obviously stuck on to the faces. The whiskers are unnaturally straight and protrude like aerials from the face.

TBH. I got sick of hearing the American accent for Middle Eastern people in the Drama(tm). I found it very jarring. I have nothing against my American cousins or the accent (apart from that Texan drawl that I find creepy), but it's the context. Also, in the context, some of the pronunciation is weird. When I was in an A$$emb£y drama we had to mime to American accents. We're British for goodness sakes, it felt perverted. But then Watchtower(tm) never did anything to accommodate other cultures. Even the bloody publications were full of American spelling and cultural references, sayings that meant bugger all to me. How lazy they were. Not diverse and inclusive of them, ay?!

EG. I was disappointed by that bland and boring actor who grates on me when he's in stuff, what's his face....er....lemme think....oh, yes, Kevin Costner playing Robin Hood. The only saving grace in that awful film was Alan Rickman. The rest of the film was Hollywood shite. Utter, total, 100% shite. If Costner was to play robin Hood, at least try to sound like a Brit. What a ham he really is.

With the 'Dramas(tm)', I like the way they look like they're dressed in towels stolen from a flea pit hotel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit