THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!

by natalienu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Nat, you know its also the right thing for him to marry someone who wants to be a JW. Too bad he got involved with you in the first place. When I was a Catholic, I only dated Catholics and only considered marrying another; when I was a JW, I only 'dated' JWs and could only consider marrying another. Its much easier to be married to someone else of the same faith because of the holidays, children and when faith is important to you, its important to feel that spiritual connection with another.

Now, to me religion is not as important as is one's charachter, commitment and moral stance. Spirituality is more important to me than faith in one particular religion.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

read the previous tread ! I'm pleased ...
    YOU'RE DA GAL NAT !!! ...Live YOUR life !
    forget about ... hum ... what was it about ?

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

It hurts now, but you are WAY better off in the long run. You are better off to find someone that is not still tied to that life of lies, misery and isolation.

Heatmiser

• Gopher
    Gopher
    ...anyone that puts the Watchtower before love has to get their head read, or kicked in as I would like to do now.

Well said, Nat. When I was a JW, I often heard this said by their "exemplary" single people seeking a mate: "If a potential mate loves JEHOVAH more than he loves me, than I'd be happy with him/her and everything will work out."

How do you like that sentiment? Warped, eh?

Yet your JW acquaintance/ex-boyfriend made his choice. He does love Jehovah more than you. I hope he and Jehovah are happy together.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Nat,

Sorry if we "slammed" you with all kinds of negative stuff, but most of us remember how we swallowed that very same crap, a little at a time, and rationalized that the WT must be the truth and couldn't be the bad guys. And how awful it was when we finally let ourselves realize we'd given our lives over to a very sick organization.

We just wanted to save you that. Seeing all the negative stuff in a pile at once usually keeps people from being sucked in.

Live well without "Mr. Not-so-wonderful"!

Liz

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

((((Nat))))

I'm sorry to hear his response to you ... soooooo saaaad ... and so typical...

Sorry this guy hurt you, hon. You deserve much better.

I hope you'll be okay. Vent if you need to ... here with us. We are here for support.

No one deserves a guy who first thing wants to change the gal into something she is not. What's wrong with a guy when he wants to change a gal before he even knows her...?

Furthermore ... What's wrong with us the way we are ...?

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit