What changes would JW.org need to make to become a normal Christian denomination.

by UnshackleTheChains 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Island Man »
    • Stop the practice of shunning.

You mean...and start acting like Christians? That would be a novel approach! Shunning, though, is how they keep a lot of people in the church! How many times have we heard, even on this forum, fade -- don't leave? Fading helps avoid the stigma of being identified and shunned by one's family and friends. It's the single most repulsive thing about these "humble, Bible-believing Christians."

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    How many times have we heard, even on this forum, fade -- don't leave?Fading helps avoid the stigma of being identified and shunned by one's family and friends. It's the single most repulsive thing about these "humble, Bible-believing Christians."

The one thing that turns my stomach is the fact that Jehovahs Witnesses go to great lengths in bringing people into the organisation 'knowing' that once they are baptized ie become a full fledged member of a publishing corporation, they can never officially leave.

It's only years down the line when individuals realise just what the shunning policy entails that it hits home just how cruel this policy actually is. By that time an individual may be married with children in the organisation and unable to find a way out without repurcussions. That's my own personal predicament.

Converts need to be warned about this policy beforehand. If I had known, I would never ever have joined. I didn't even want to join . I was coerced after saying I didn't want to get baptized. Here I am a couple of decades later. Rant over 😦

• Giordano
    Giordano

Start with re-branding themselves. Jehovah is a made up name.

In Hebrew the name of God is spelled YHWH. Since ancient Hebrew had no written vowels, it is uncertain how the name was pronounced originally, but there are records of the name in Greek, which did have written vowels. These records indicate that in all likelihood the name should be pronounced "Yahweh."

Interestingly, this fact is admitted in much Jehovah's Witness literature, such as their Aid to Bible Understanding (p. 885).

https://www.catholic.com/qa/is-gods-name-yahweh-or-jehovah

Being a Jehovah's Witness is mentioned one time in the Old Testament.

Being a witness for Jesus and or giving testimony about Jesus is mentioned in the book of John as a noun and verb 47 times and 30 more times in his epistles.

Apparently Neither god nor Jesus though it was important to have a clearly defined name.

• Chook
    Chook

Love their neighbor.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    UischeBeing a Jehovah's Witness is mentioned one time in the Old Testament.
    Being a witness for Jesus and or giving testimony about Jesus is mentioned in the book of John as a noun and verb 47 times and 30 more times in his epistles.
    Apparently Neither god nor Jesus though it was important to have a clearly defined name.

How about changing their name to - Yhwh's Christian witnesses. That would of course be after they have normalised or reformed the organisation for the good of its members in line with the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit