Shocking news

by Confusedalot 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

I recently posted about what would happen if my mom got sick,seeing that i'm apostate. Even today I posted on a thread about blood transfusions.

I just received a text from my brother saying that my mom is in hospital and requires a transfusion to survive....is this a coincidence?

Am I being punished by Jehovah, or is the devil out to get me...I dont know anymore what to do...

Things are getting too much, guess I should not have joked so much in my posts.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

is this a coincidence?

Yes it is. Or maybe not, it is expected that a person at certain age starts having health problems. That's just life.

Am I being punished by Jehovah, or is the devil out to get me...I dont know anymore what to do...

Things are getting too much, guess I should not have joked so much in my posts.

Nobody is punishing you, other than your own self. Life events have nothing to do with the so-called Jehovah or the Devil.

If you love your mom, do the right thing as a human being, not because of some Jehovah nonsense.

And a bug hug. Sorry you're going through rough times.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fusey - ...is this a coincidence?

Nothing more than that. You are correct.

Am I being punished by Jehovah, or is the devil out to get me

Neither. Since both are fictitious and made up characters, you're safe.

Concentrate on your mum.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

There is no provable God, nor Devil. Good and bad exists around us every day irrespective of belief in a god or devil, so don't read what happens into that narrative. It just is what it is. Hugs to you, I'm sorry your mom is facing this, but it has nothing to do with you. Honestly, you're not that important or powerful enough to somehow manifest something like this. You're just you. Strip off this false narrative of god and devik that you've put on and you'll just see it for what it is, a situation where your mom is sick and needs help.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I just received a text from my brother saying that my mom is in hospital and requires a transfusion to survive....is this a coincidence?
    Am I being punished by Jehovah, or is the devil out to get me...I don't know anymore what to do...

First off try as you might......... this situation is not about you.
    The issue is what does your mother want to do? Or...... what can you do if she has a medical directive or presented the No blood card?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Confirmation bias.

• Let's see: your mom is a devout JW. You are not.
    • Your mom is in a hospital, severely ill. You're not.

To me it looks that if anyone is being punished by God, it's your mom, not you. Maybe she's in the wrong cult religion?

But more seriously: your mind has been trained to interpret everything that comes your way in JW terms. Want more examples?

• A good JW gets a new job offer that fits his schedule. Must be Jah blessing him.
    • An inactive JW gets a new job offer that fits his schedule. Must be Satan tempting him.
    • A good JW is fired. Must be Satan out to get him.
    • An apostate is fired. Must be Jah revoking his blessing.
    • JW activity is banned. Must be Satan persecuting them.
    • JW activity is not banned. Must be Jah blessing them.

Basically, whatever happens JW minds have been trained to interpret it according to their beliefs. Funnily, all other believers do exactly the same!

The hospital is full of sick people. Did Jehovah make all of them sick? Or are they - and your mother - sick simply because people happen to get sick? You know the answer to that!

Additionally, if Jehovah would be sending you messages by killing your devout mother, he'd a bigtime asshole not worthy of any worship!

So, to comfort you, Jehovah didn't read this forum, and he is not making your mother sick to send you a message! That idea is cult indoctrination messing with your brain and emotions. And the indoctrination is working, because you're felling guilty, and your next move might be returning to the JW cult...

Hope your mother pulls through! Big hug for you and your family!
    Stay calm and sane.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

Thank you all,

Your comments make perfect sense, I feel a bit embarrassed. Just when you start making progress the WT training kicks in and your back to square one, blaming yourself or satan.

I hope I can be rid of this filth one day and just be me, but from reading my OP it seems sill far away.

Thanks for the hugs, i appreciate that.

I think I'm going to be absent for a while from the forum, to concentrate on the situation, best of luck to any of you with these JW issues.....hugs!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Sorry to hear about your Mother but she is the one who is sick, so no....you aren't being punished. To think that your words have that much power over the God of the universe (if he exists), must be a heavy burden for you to bear. I'm sure on some level you realize that it's a bit egocentric or narcissistic to believe that God (if he exists) would punish your mother because of something you said or did.

If the devil (if he exists) were out to get you, he would likely make positive things happen for you rather than negative things that might send you running back to the JW's.

Charles Manson is a mass murderer and yet he is in his high 80's and has been alive and well in prison for decades living off the taxpayers while my wonderful father died not taking a blood transfusion supposedly out of obedience to Jehovah, which proves to me there is no God.
    It's time to focus your energy on helping your mother now, rather than wasting it on these superstitious notions about God and the Devil that were planted in your mind by religious fanatics.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Anders - "...Jehovah didn't read this forum, and he is not making your mother sick to send you a message."

This.

Seriously, who the f**k would do that (deity or otherwise)???

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed
    Am I being punished by Jehovah, or is the devil out to get me

So.... either God is hurting you or Satan is hurting you? Does that really make sense to you? Shouldn't one of those particular two be trying to help you and the other is trying to harm you? Isn't that how it is supposed to work? The fact that you see both deities as out to get you... should tell you something about your logic. It isn't working quite right. It should also tell you about your state of mind in regards to your religious authority. You aren't in a position where you trust in a higher power. If you take a moment to digest your own words, you do know what to think.

Your mom is sick and she needs medical help that she might not get. You are faced with possibly losing your mother. It sucks and it hurts and there isn't any good reason for it. It is much easier to blame a non-existent body that can't talk back and tell you that you are wrong. It is much easier to blame a deity than to face what must be an incredibly painful moment in your life.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Life is hard enough. Losing the ones we love is hard enough. Instead of looking for someone to blame... maybe have a good long cry. Accept that you might experience a loss. It will be much easier to face if you have prepared for it. While blaming an absent deity is easier, it won't make what you have to go through any easier. You are in for hard times. And the hard reality is that sometimes you can't protect yourself from that. You just have to face it. Breath. Walk forward. Get out of bed. Cry. Talk. Keep moving and keep living until it gets easier to deal with. It will get easier to deal with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit