Day 5 - Fessler vs. Watchtower – Ends: Plaintiff settles in Jehovah’s Witness Child Abuse Trial

by darkspilver 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes neverajw, that is exactly the problem. The WT wants their cake and eat it too.

Richard claims that the WT can't regulate their members behavior outside of "official" JW activities and that is wrong. It isn't that the WT can't do it - it is that they won't do it when it comes to monitoring activities that could put a minor child in danger.

• steve2
    steve2

"You should read the policy you are using as an example. Those policies only apply during official activities of the Boy Scouts. Nowhere in the complaint was there any accusation that the abuse took place during any official activities. "

Fact is they did nothing. They could have taken action, and then if the parties involved chose to ignore it, at least JW organization would have been seen as pro-active. Instead, they did nothing. And we all know the gargantuan steps they will chose to take in other matters to keep the congregation "clean".

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Watchtower does discipline members for their actions outside of official activities, but they cannot stop them from doing anything. Please explain to me how Watchtower can stop someone from committing adultery? If it was the case that Watchtower can monitor and stop people outside of official activities there would be no DF'd people for adultery or fornication or smoking.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

This back and forth discussion is all well and good but it does not alter the facts in this case....

As was clearly stated in the report on the first day of the case: The Defendent stated that therapist Lori Barton’s notes would prove that there was not a sexual relationship occurring at the time elders in Spring Grove first learned of the affair between Stephanie Fessler and Terry Seipp Monheim.

If there was reason for mandatory reporting - then surely Lori Barton would have reported herself, or have made sure it was reported? If she felt it was required?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hmmm! Looks like to me the WTBTS is now and has in the past been involved in the unscriptural practice of either taking or offering bribes.

There are tons of Bible scriptures that say it is a big NO! N0! to be involved in bribes...either being the initiator or the recipient of one. It seems that WT in most lawsuits involving child molestation initiates a bribe or hush money along with a gag order for its own advantage to keep wrongful activity from becoming public knowledge.

Pro 17:8 "A bribe is like a magic stone in the eyes of the one who gives it; wherever he (WT) turns he prospers."

2 Chron "Now let the fear of Jehovah be upon you. Be careful about what you do, ...there is no injustice, no partiality, no bribe-taking."

Ps 26:10 "Whose hands engage in shameful conduct, and whose right hand is full of bribes."

Pro 29:4 "By justice a king brings stability to a land, but a man seeking bribes brings it to ruin."

The WTBTS has been very, very naughty according to these verses and there are many, many more verses to prove it!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

JW GoneBad,

Great post!

And, then wouldn't it be great if their financial statements were transparent with a line that said

WT Hush Money Paid to Victim of Child Abuse

• steve2
    steve2

"Jud Aaron argued that therapist Lori Barton’s notes will prove that there was NOT a sexual relationship occurring at the time elders in Spring Grove first learned of the affair between Fessler and Terry Seipp (Monheim). As a result, Aaron said “You can’t report what you don’t know.”

Here is the report. Please not darkspilver how it differs from what you claim the report says. Note that it says the therapist's "notes will prove that there was NOT a sexual relationship at the time elders in Spring Grove first learned of the affair between Fessler and Terry Seipp (Monheim)..." (italics added).

But there were subsequent information that built up quite a different picture that the elders should have acted on - but did not.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Watchtower does discipline members for their actions outside of official activities, but they cannot stop them from doing anything.

Which is why they, the WT through their local elders... need to report criminal conduct or suspected criminal conduct to the proper authorities............ especially in a sexual and physical abuse situation. And ESPECIALLY abuse of a minor.

In this case the Elders had been informed.......... so the Elders were involved and they needed to report their knowledge of the possibility that a crime may have been committed. There is a mandatory reporting law In Pennsylvania of suspected abuse of a child under Child Protection Service Law 23, C.S.A. 6311 et seq...

Once the Elder's informed the WTBTS........ the Society also was involved and immediately they should have told the Elders to report to the Authorities........ then followed up to make sure that had been accomplished.

Please explain to me how Watchtower can stop someone from committing adultery? If it was the case that Watchtower can monitor and stop people outside of official activities there would be no DF'd people for adultery or fornication or smoking.

Adultery or fornication between consenting adults are not criminal offense's....... Sexual Child Abuse IS.

The Society is experiencing serious legal issues because of their policy of calling for two witnesses's and because if a state does not have a mandatory reporting law they preferred that this crime be handled by the Elders within the congregation..... in secret.

Basically the WT Corporation was more important to them then their follower's children.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I used the examples of adultery and fornication because Orphan Crow made the assertion that Watchtower can and does monitor their members all the time, but chooses not to act when it comes to pedophilia. I was using those as examples to show that people can and do what they want. There are consequences for those actions but no one can stop someone else from doing anything that they want in their personal time, away from official activities sponsored by Watchtower or the Congregation. Just like your employer can't be held responsible for your actions when you aren't at work, that is your time, you can do what you want. If you go out Drinking and Driving and hit someone while you were on your personal time, your employer is not responsible, they may fire you because you showed bad judgement, but they aren't responsible for your actions, you are.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I believed I did a true word-for-word quote? I was very careful, admittedly I removed the capitalization, maybe that confused?

But there were subsequent information that built up quite a different picture that the elders should have acted on - but did not.

The Plaintiff only refered to the 2004 events in the opening statments? The Defendant said that by 2005, the “relationship” between Fessler and Seipp was over.

I'm only going by what what actually reported for the opening statements, rather than the extra additional reportage that has been provided for 'context'. You can only go on what is said in court for this case - the additional information we have should therefore be disregarded if it hasn't been presented to the jury in court.

Really need to wait for the report on Day 2 Wednesday, Day 3 Thursday and Day 4 Friday.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit