The spinning blade of a Sword and the 2 Angels guarding the gate....

by stuckinarut2 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

For some reason I found myself shaking my head once again in disbelief at the story in Genesis.

Amongst all things, the very concept of a "Flaming sword" spinning around and blocking the "entrance to the garden of Eden" is so stupid!

Do people REALLY believe that as a FACT?

Seriously, swords were not even invented at that time! So how could they use a flaming sword?

thoughts?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A nonexistent sword for a nonexistent garden with two nonexistent people. I can buy that.

• steve2
    steve2

I can take a spinning blade of a sword blocking the entrance to the garden of Eden, but I have to draw the line at a talking snake.

Did Eve not go, "Who the F are you?!"when it spoke to her?. Come on Eve - no one's that gullible. You give my family a bad name.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Eve was just born perhaps? And a ditsy, and cluelessly innocent. But I get your drift in a 21st century setting.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I've come to the conclusion that its all about theatrics. If God exists as he is portrayed in the Bible he must have been a theatre major. The angels would have been sufficient to guard the garden. If he wanted to kill everyone he could have just zapped them. The sword, the flood, its all just theatrics...

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Seriously, swords were not even invented at that time! So how could they use a flaming sword?

When talking to JW relatives I point out two things.

1. The Tree of Life was not a symbolic tree. It was a magic tree because if Adam and Eve, or their descendants, got to it and ate from it they would live forever. Hence the angels and spinny sword.

2. This account means that God, the God of peace, invented the first sword.

Strangely enough they change the subject soon after.

• waton
    waton

The twirling blades would have taken the responsibility for any injuries off the hapless angels, standing there for hundreds of years until the flood.

they were guarding the tree of life, a recommended , allowed food, an allowance never revoked. so figure, we relied on the tree for continued life, never had inherent everlasting guarantee in the first place,

Jesus's ransom? open the gates. bad story writing.

• smiddy
    smiddy

So their was only one entrance to the garden of Eden and an impenetrable wall surrounding it ?

Maybe with an electrified fence which wasn`t invented yet and razor barbed wire on top of it which also wasn`t invented yet like a sword which wasn`t invented and a flaming one at that which still hasnt been invented .?

Adam talking to Eve after they have been kicked out of the Garden of Eden

Adam : " what are we going to do now Eve ,theirs an Angel with a flaming sword at the entrance to the garden of eden.?"

Eve : " Well all we have to do is walk around the perimeter for

100 feet and we can just walk right back in and eat the tree of life as theirs no flaming sword all around the Garden of eden only at the entrance.right ?

Not doing that maybe she was Blonde and he was a Dumbass

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Point 2 of what whizzstick said.

So far for the sword. What bothers me even more... why put angels, who are hyper intelligent, at one spot for hundreds of years? Wouldn't they be bored to death because they would lack stimulus for their divine intellect? I mean, the angels couldn't even play hide-and-seek with each other.

Seems cruel to me...

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Good point @redpiltwice - what a waste of talent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit