Hello from the other side

by Theburstbubble 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Theburstbubble
    Theburstbubble

Well it's been 18 months since I left the witnesses. My goodness what can I say?

Well let's start from the beginning...

1) I am happy, yes I am (I know Im not meant to be as the JW's would like to believe)

2) I have friends (and very good ones at that)

3) Worldy people are not bad. The ones I have met are so kind and generous.

4) Life goes on

5) I value my life, my kids and my husbands. We love life.

6) I am not bitter. Not one little bit. (Believe me I have many reasons to be)

7) I hope and wish that there is an afterlife, however I do not live my life as if there is. I wake up each morning and enjoy each day for what it is. I appreciate the beauty all around us.

8) please do not get angry at those who cut off non-witnesses. You have to put yourself in their shoes and if you truly believed (like I did) then you will understand why they do it. It's not right, but it's not them. It's the WTO.

9) If you are lurking, please continue to be curious and take an objective look. They say research for yourself, well do, research everything. They say don't be afraid to question, well don't, question everything

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

NO!!

It cant be!

You are supposed to be miserable, stressed, ill, and suffering all sorts of issues don't you know??

You are deceiving yourself...or as one brother told us "Satan will make your life wonderful for a while to deceive you into thinking that all is ok, then he will make it falls apart...you must return to Jehovah before its too late!!"

• gone for good
    gone for good

BB-

I always find it so very satisfying to learn of other souls freed to savor their own wonderful life- not the stifling confines the watchtower guards - best to you all!

• kairos
    kairos

It's not an easy transition. My life is just now starting to settle down. It's been three years.

Thanks for the update and reassurance.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I went through the entire range of emotions; rage-as I was leaving, calm-after I read CoC, curiosity-as I explored my new life, resentment-as I contemplated what WT stole from me, depression, elation, contentment... in no particular order.

I guess we call that a roller coaster.

Now, 5 years out (wow, I guess almost 6 now) I feel at peace with things but still find myself surprised as layers of old beliefs, patterns of thought, fall away, lightening my load, making life more and more pleasant every day.

Great to hear you're doing well. Just don't be surprised or disheartened if you hit a few more snags along the way.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

No, no, NO!!! You are lying! Wait, ah, I know, Stan is seducing you with worldly things, of course. Soon, very soon you will find yourself so entangled in the webs of sin that your path to destruction will be so sad, that you will come back begging to get accepted (so you can get judged, bitter, regain you tunnel vision, believe that you have to live for nothing more than what you are told to do, you know, "paradise" and stuff).

Seriously now, I'm glad, and as a person with a few decades of experience outside the WT, please keep up with the same attitude and love for life if (when?) something bad happens. Remember, the WT loves to capitalize in other people's misery, so if there is an unfortunate event in your life or if life takes a turn for the worse, don't forget your post.

Many JWs who join the WT do so because they do suffer and bad things do happen. Life can be scary, but even so, it's way better without the Wt and their nonsense. Congratulations.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Stan is an asshole.

• freddo
    freddo

Good old Stan.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Excellent advice, excellent example, excellent reasoning. Glad you like Satan's world.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Did stan ever come out of the closet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit