Help: Anyone identify Gary Breaux's ring?

by Fay Dehr 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Fay Dehr:

So I guess this is a video not intended for JW Broadcasting then?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It is the unmistakable clear insignia of “the kerfuffles” - an elite force of fighting JWs, capable of killing a man with a single blow. “The Kerfuffles” also have a strong web presence, often involved in doxing of exJWs. I hope you didn’t search that image... that would have activated the algorithm.

• sir82
    sir82

Apropros of nothing, I find Breaux to be one of the creepiest talking heads that makes regular appearances on JW videos.

Not sure what it is, but I always half expect his skull to split open to reveal a lizard-being inside.

• Fay Dehr
  • Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Gosh, I've watched and paused it so many times. It's the most unique insignia I've ever seen. I've Googled everything I could to match that mens style of ring and came up empty.

Of course, I'm preconditioned to look for this kind of thing:

• jp1692
  • Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

Thanks JP1692 - that other post adds some balance, and interesting background.

If Gary's ring is worn because of his membership of some elite fraternity, then according to Watchtower's own literature this is nothing to be worried about.

Awake! 8th October, 1951, page 24.

[Rings] Many are works of art, beautiful and costly, and are worn as appropriate accessories to fashionable costumes for the sheer pleasure they give. Others commemorate important events, or are worn as keepsakes in sentimental remembrance of certain individuals or special occasions. Counterparts of ancient signet rings are found in those worn by members of lodges, fraternities, schools, etc. There is nothing particularly wrong with the above-mentioned rings.

Perhaps he has been invited into a "lodge" (Masonic or otherwise), a "fraternity" of "Guardians Of Doctrine", or it was a gift to "commemorate" his invitation to become an HGB (Helper to the GB). I would be very interested in that. If anyone has the time and interest to shed any light on the ring, then I make no apology for being interested in that information.

This post is simply an invitation to share knowledge/research. (So far, I LOVE the comment about it resembling SnapChat!!!)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Anybody remember the Little Rascal show (I'm giving my age away)? If you do, you will remember the He Man, Woman haters club. lol Maybe that is what the ring is, he is part of the He Man Woman Haters Club. My spouse and I joke about that all the time. lol

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

They are so hypocritical in their rules as they think nothing of wearing pinkie rings, although in several cultures in the world this signifies that you're gay.

However, their reason for not wearing beards is that (according to WT) in several cultures in the world, it is not acceptable for a Minister of God.

Double standards shining through again.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

"Nothing is particularly wrong with the above mentioned ring"

I suspect they published that because they had Good Old Boys rings already made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit