How old were you when you left the borg?

by Iamallcool 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Started studying at 16, baptized at 19. (Not born in, but converted.)

Left at 53.

As mentioned above I waited too long, even after seeing things that didn't add up. It's no wonder that Watchtower encourages you to 'ignore your doubts.'

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Pimo at 25. Fading at 38. Leaving at 42.

It started in 1995 with the this generation change when the rank and file got the blame, "some believed that...".

G.

• redpilltwice
  • incognito2014
    incognito2014

36 after being in for 30 years. 21 years have passe since then. Best choice I ever made.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Baptized at 23, seven months after I married a wonderful JW girl. Attended my last meeting ever in 2003 (Memorial), when I was 56, I'm now 73.

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

Baptised at 12, left at age 25. Learnt to smoke, drink, party, play poker. Grew my hair long, bought a sports car. I've stopped smoking.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am thrilled to read that so many left much earlier in life than I did.

Once again, I see that I am a "slow learner".

It was a VERY SLOW process for me. I guess I just really wanted to believe it all. I didn't want to admit I had been so gullible and totally deceived. I stepped down over issues that disturbed me 10 years ago, but I still believed most of it even just 10 years ago. But I joined here 9 years ago so I guess that's when I decided I could "risk" actually signing on to this bunch of (lovely) mentally diseased apostates. Still, I associated as a PIMO for another 4 or 5 years. At this point, I don't think anyone thinks we are JW's. At the best, they might think we are "stumbled". So I'd say that I "left at 59" because I don't want to admit that I waited until I was 60.

• RolRod
    RolRod

physically walked away around 30, mentally and spiritually around 25

• JayDubyaDotOrg
    JayDubyaDotOrg

Hey this is a good thread for choosing my lottery numbers.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LAMALLCOOL:

Um..over forty. But, at least I wasn’t raised in the JW religion and never lost memories of what life was like before I made a wrong detour and experienced things I’ll never forget.

I was able before long to feel like my old self again when I began my ‘fade’... The feeling of Freedom again? Priceless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit