The Spiritual Food Box!

by Atlantis 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Absolutely no reason for printed material anymore

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Looks identical to the GL.iNet GL-AR750 mini router. (With the name covered up).

You're right. Right there in the website you can see the logo clumsily covered with an asymmetrical piece of tape that you can see through šŸ˜

But no, they invented the thing. Rumor has it that a top Netgear executive was impressed at their work and was given a fiiiine witness.

• Listener
    Listener

It's a pity the spiritual food box can't translate. Watching voiced over video's and talks can't be much fun, they are hard enough to watch in original english.

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

Looks identical to the GL.iNet GL-AR750 mini router. (With the name covered up)

which costs $45 on Amazon.com

wholesale price after volume discounts should be even lower

I presume that our ā€œnon-profitā€ Watchtower is again selling ā€freeā€ ā€œspiritualā€ provisions with 100% markup...

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If its 45.00 dollars on Amazon, they probably paid about 20 bucks a unit in bulk slap a sticker on it and sell it for 75.00 dollars. I thought we were not to profit off our brothers in business dealings? Why didn't I think of this I could have made a fortune!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

According to a friend from Bethel, the boxes were given free of charge to the congregations.

• St George of England
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's very telling that they let the congregation know how much they're charging they cost the society.

$75

$4

Then casually add a link to donate, then thanking them for donating - hint, hint.

Can you hear that? It's Bro. Russel turning in his grave.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Weeell..... I used to live in a land that had no internet....... Britain in the 1960s . All our ā€œspiritual food ā€œ came on the printed page.....and you know what?

Life in the Borg was far better!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DREARYWEATHER:

They may have been given ā€˜freeā€™ to the congregations - but I read somewhere it was suggested that if peopleā€™s food bills were lower because of this ā€˜giftā€™..they should donate that difference to the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit