The Unbelievable Just Happened!

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Spiral
    Spiral

@ToesUp: "I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone." Robin Williams

That quote says it all. The Bible Study was smarter than her teacher. Who knew that could happen? (us)

Zing, please keep us informed on what you find out.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Now THESE are encouraging experiences!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Heard if a cong where the elder on the stage reprimanded an elder in audience, pretty harsh. 2 families walked out

No idea if any details of who was right or wrong. Apparently 2 big guys are deleted over there

• zeb
    zeb

"I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone." Robin Williams

"Loneliness is worst when you are in close propinquity with some one who has ceased to communicate." Germaine Greer.

or when your closest companion is the black dog... zeb.

I long to hear of a convention where a whole heap of people walk out.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Nikki, two choices for you: wake your friends

make new friends

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Loneliness is worst when you are in close propinquity with some one who has ceased to communicate." Germaine Greer.

I will drink to that

Zing

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Zing ,I always learn something everyday here ,thanks ,propinquity .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They truly are great experiences zing ,please keep us informed of any more developments .

And going on line and giving the R&F the OK to use the internet may be the worst thing they could have done as far as they are concerned , and the best thing they could have done as far as we are concerned .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think this kind of thing is NOT an isolated situation.

In our (old) Cong, there was a recent Bible Study who got baptized (way too soon before he was ready) and who was then exposed by coworkers to some of the TTATT. That got him digging on Google. (Ya know what happens next.) So, he started asking his Elder Bible Study Conductor and several others some "disturbing" questions that he saw on the internet. Within 30 days he was DF/DA for apostasy. He had been on the "fast track" for MS and would have made it if he had lasted the 1 year as required to be appointed. Nice guy. Nice family. He didn't last "IN" The Troof for 12 months.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Desirous - "...this kind of thing is not an isolated situation..."

Frankly, at this point, I'd be surprised if it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit