The Unbelievable Just Happened!

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

From my cong

Something Uneblievable just happened.

I am Pomo for a while not too long though. While we were away (i and my best friend for the weekend), I received several texts from my 2 friends, from my ex-cong ,who are PIMI(but starting to have doubts) who have been asking me questions about the jdubs.The texts seemed quite urgent n serious, so got the lowdown .At the weekend meeting , 3 families walked out!

Apparently after handing in their letter some days before,the weekend gone was thier last mtg to say goodbyes to their friends n let them know why they are leaving (perhaps they wanted their friends to know the right reasons from them verbally before their is an announcement). Dunno if their has been any JMeeting or not. Things are trickling in still.

3 families includes 2 couples ,close friends at that and a single sister.Their is more to this I am sure. I am POMO for some time so do not know anything much but what my PIMI friends who I am trying to wake up , share with me. Apparently this has been quite a stir, in particular coz one coupel who left were very involeved into spiritual things.

Next off, a bible study was dropped from the list.Why! This is interesting! A sister was studying with a lady who was progressing well,going to the meetings n all. Since she does not have a laptop or tablet she used to always be helped by her study conductor to watch broadcasts, research the website etc with her own devices. recently the study conductor bought herself a new tablet so she gave away her old tablet to the bible study so she can use it to check out the jdub website n all that goes online with the jdub in her won time. She started doing her research not only visiting the jdub sites but others too, n bingo ! landed on the so called apostate sites. She researched more n then ultimately started asking questions of her bible study conductor. The bible conductor not knowing answers or whatever,she accused the bible study of becoming an apostate n asked to refrain from doing so. She did not n persisted. Kaboom! she quit! She has stopped studying n is out. The sister has had to scratch her off the list.

I am not much of a writer, so if it sounds bland sorry. But I am happy nonetheless coz due to all this going on the 2 friends have approached me to discuss more openly my reasons for leaving. I am ecstatic about this.

Peace!

Zing

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Wow Zing it's all happening in your old cong. Even studies can research and find TTATT, which puts my still in family to shame. I'm glad for you that your friends are doubting the cult and may soon leave. You can support each other, well done!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZING:

Good news! I wonder what the last straw was that made these JWs throw in the towel??

Who knows if it was one thing or maybe a combination of things:..changed ridiculous teachings; bad treatment and/or criticism because REAL people have to work for a living (this was my issue back then). Maybe it was hypocrisy and lack of love/caring and feeling isolated;..all the appeals for money;..maybe finding out the hall (they paid $ to renovate) was going to be sold and they had to drive to a distant hall? Etc.

Maybe they were just sick and tired of all the bullshit and had to save their sanity and get their lives back!

I’m glad they got to tell their friends in advance what their REAL reasons were before their names get slandered all over the place.

This is bad news for the religion and they are losing people left and right.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The cracks are showing. We have some family members that we suspect are "researching." The internet and YouTube are blowing holes in WT!!!

Good news indeedy!!!

• blondie
    blondie

It helps if you already have family and/or friends out for support. We did not have that but left anyway, fading/inactive. 20 years later all okay. May things work out for both of you.

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

Gosh I'm waiting for the day some of my friends wake up! i grew up a JW so had no outside friends. so i dont have many friends or family for that matter, they are all JW and im DFD so they have nothing to do with me. But i'm NOT going back, id rather die alone then fake it thru the crazy cult.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@ Xianthippe, the internet does go a long way to help people research freely without any prying eyes. I know when I was still in n going into sites like this one. Boy was my heart racing! was I jumpy at every noise thinking who is watching me! Gone are the days. I can relate to why it is a challenge to wake up.

Thanks for reading.

@ LongHairGal, I am going to see if I can meet with these ones and learn what made them wake up. Interesting to know what they have to say! Will share when I know.

’m glad they got to tell their friends in advance what their REAL reasons were before their names get slandered all over the place.

I wish more of us could do this when leaving.Thanks for reading.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Toesup,

The internet and YouTube are blowing holes in WT!!!

true words indeed. Thanks for reading.

@Blondie, very true.I did not have anyone to hold onto. It was a very anxiety filled, nervous, scary times indeed. Not knowing who to turn to. At one point I just thought perhaps I was going bananas,its all in my head.but thankfully intelligence prevailed.Which is why I am always reaching out n helping as many as I can to come to the right conclusions (fingers crossed) but never influencing/pressurizing.

Thanks for reading.

Zing

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"id rather die alone then fake it thru the crazy cult."

ME TOO Nikki!!! I love the below quote. I think about this quote often.

"I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone." Robin Williams

• Magnum
    Magnum

Wow! Interesting. Please do let us know if you find out specifics of why they left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit