Jehovahs Witness n Retention rates !!! Check this out.

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I am looking for the last year 2018, havent found yet. If anyone can find it ,please share.

Zing

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm not surprised, they run you ragged until you collapse or break one of their petty little rules and they kick you out. And a lot of kids run for the hills as soon as they get out of the house.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    In some ways I am and am not surprised the lds have out performed the JWs. Take into account THE LDS activity rates are estimated to be as low as 30%. I would in all honesty say the JWs would have a bigger and more engaged membership world wide than the mormons. Perhaps the reason is an inactive Mormon is more likely to identify with the church, than an inactive JW. IDK
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Probably true that JW retention is comparatively low, but as is often pointed out it’s a shame Pew sample for JWs is quite low (less than 200 I think) to be sure about the exact percentages.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

34% retention rate for JW youth!

That helps explain the (1) low attendance rate at JW meetings; (2) the need to merge congregations and (3) the need to sell off Kingdom Halls. The JW youth vote with their feet...good example for adult JWs to follow who may only vote with their wallet...which helps of course. Imagine if more and more adult JWs also voted with their feet. I would say that the trend among adult JWs is that more and more indeed are also voting with their feet...I know I and other family members are...Yay!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

That confirms the Reddit pages claim that only 33% of born in's stay.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The momentum of young ones leaving this cult is going to be very difficult for WT to slow down let alone stop. As one in the thick of this cult, I also sence a very strong negative energy among the adult JW rank and file...though many try hard to hide it.

WT's only saving grace that helps them stay afloat...has been their investment in real estate. Otherwise they would have been gone much sooner that later!

As the saying goes...money (in the form of real estate) has indeed proven to be a protection for this cult!

• careful
    careful

From experience I think that the Witness retention rate is far below 37%. I remember one CO saying in the late 1980s that it was more like 10%. Perhaps more are staying in now?

As for the Mormons, I once told a prominent Mormon chap in Utah that an Evangelical man told me that about 50% of their youth stayed in the faith. The Mormon chap said, "50%—that would be wonderful!" The point is that he felt far less than 50% of raised-in LDS stayed.

One must wonder about this data. Very likely a significant number in their data base were people who had left being active members of the faith but still identified with it when asked about their religion.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

One of the most glaring JW failures is the inability to keep their young people. They are God's true people, so they say, but they have never come close to fulfilling Prov 22:6...

Train a boy in the way he should go; Even when he grows old he will not depart from it. (Prov 22:6, Revised NWT)

Elder's kids, pioneer's kids, ordinary publisher's kids, it doesn't matter. The majority have always left and today it's likely worse than ever.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The only way I can explain the jw/lds retention rates are.

(1)The sample sizes were either disproportionate, or to small to give an accurate reading.

Or

(2)An inactive Mormon is more likely to still identify with the lds church, than what an inactive jw is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit