Current light on will die at Armageddon?

by Teddnzo 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWLite almost seems to me like a weird mirrorverse version of the old fundagelical “once saved, always saved” thing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    seems to be a good place to gather truly great people who have high morals and are trustworthy

I understand what you're trying to say but think about it for a minute. Most parents teach their children to be honest, trustworthy and to have good morals. Hindu's, Muslims, Christians and even (shock horror) atheists all are mostly good people trying to do the right thing.

If you want to decide whether the morality of a particular group is something exceptional it has to be on the unique identifiers of that group.

So;

Shunning - immoral.

Instilling sexism and homophobia - immoral.

Abusing developing young minds with a demons/Armageddon worldview - immoral.

Teaching anti-science - immoral.

Sacrificing lives over blood treatments - disgracefully immoral.

For the record, I think most Jehovah's Witnesses are good people but the morality specific to Jehovah's Witnesses is appalling.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

From what I understand the current doctrine is that if someone intentionally rejected the FDS (aka anyone disfellowshipped and PIMO/POMO/inactive) or had sufficient chances to get to know the FDS (repeatedly preached to door-to-door or by family) then they wouldn’t qualify for resurrection. It’s the FDS (the people in New York) that do the judgment both now and they believe in heaven as well (this isn’t exactly new, this was introduced during the Live Forever book).

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Teddnzo: So JWLITE is a win win for everyone.

Maybe. My point is that the most important viewpoint would be that of god. Say the Abrahamic god exists, a god who is interested in each of us and has standards of worship and behavior that will determine our eternal future. Do you think he would be okay with someone straddling the fence in regards to serving him, so as to try and cheese their way into heaven on a possible technicality?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I hope the GB get to judge me when I die. I’ll give them the Double-Finger salute on my way to Hell…

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg will never make up their minds who will survive what's what or be resurrected from one day to the next.

The most conclusive revealing thing they said of late is,,"We dont know"".

Sounds about right.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Most Christians will disappear during the Rapture at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, if you get left behind there are 3 outcomes:

1. you will either die from physical disasters

2. Take the mark of the beast ,or

3 Survive as part of the Great Crowd

Option 1 you get ressurected, Option 2 you are never coming back

"And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever, and day and night they have no rest, those who worship the wild beast and its image and whoever receives the mark of its name." (,Rev.14:11)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit