How many JWs would offer their young daughters as a bride to a single GB member

by Chook 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

I would bet a lot would think it an honor. I am sure some of those old farts have partaken of the young girls at bethal. Its just the odds playing out. Even his esteemed pile of shit CT Russell had a mistress.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I've always felt it"s the woman's choice whom she marries,

:0)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Just FYI. Someone told me that Mark Sanderson was engaged many years ago. He is 52 and never married. Can someone interview him how come he never got married or would he be interested to be married one day? I doubt it!

• tiki
    tiki

Eeewwwww. I think people should marry if they are truly in love..are friends and have that meeting of the minds...have the right chemistry and are adults and self sufficient. No one should be deciding who married who except the two people involved in the relationship.

I find the idea of dub parents trying to score brownie points by arranging an ill suited marriage is heinous and revolting.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Mark Sanderson....is 52 and never married." - Iamallcool

Are you sure about that?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Let's face it there is not much choice in the admonition to "only marry in the Lord."

That combined with the fact that the only way for a woman to survive with any respectability in the borg is to marry an appointed man. If women were able to "reach out" and form a career as a JW as an MS, elder etc then there would be a lot more single brothers.

• fulano
    fulano

The three of us ( my brother, my sister and me) got married in the lord. My brother left his wife when leaving the cult. I left my wife as soon as I got out, and my sister got rid of her husband. Why?

There is very little to choose in the jw marriage market.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Iamallcool - "Mark Sanderson....is 52 and never married."

Maybe he's gay and in the closet.

It's not like there isn't a GB precedent.

:smirk:

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I understand Mark changed his last name to Handerson and has a girlfriend named Palmala. They said he keeps her at his side constantly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit