Do i still believe in GOD?

by smoky21 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm not absolutely sure who took it. The patrons running the Fast food place told me that he was the last customer, before i got back to ask around. (during our conv. older man was complaining that he only had $6 to spend too)

Somewhere else on the internet is an old guy telling the story of how he once want to the fast food shop only having enough for the $6 bargain-burger meal and couldn't afford the mega-burger he was craving. While waiting in the lineup he prayed to god and when he got to the front god had provided enough for over 30 burgers !

His story convinced many others to believe in god or "bur-god" as he became known in the following decades as the cult grew. Centuries later his followers, now militant, overrun the Indian sub-continent angry because they worshiped beef instead of slaughtering and making it into "holy patties".

And all that is YOUR fault for not looking after your wallet! :D

• cofty
    cofty
    @COFTY; I have found that anybody who does not take a step back and question their own assumptions are usually blind to them. - Saved_JW

Then you should ask questions rather than making assumptions.

After I left the cult I was a born-again evangelical christian for about 9 years. Towards the end of that time I was preaching the gospel in a Baptist church. My knowledge and understanding of the bible and of christian belief and practice is better than the vast majority of christians. When I reject theism I know exactly what I am opposing and why.

As a theist, I constantly challenge my own position with new arguments I encounter. This has always been a good way for me to evaluate the consistency of my own point of view. Just a thought.

No you don't, you just pretend that you are open-minded. I was the same 20 years ago. If you really challenged your beliefs you would know that the bible is not inspired of any supernatural deity. You would be familiar with the irrefutable evidence that there was no Adam and Eve, no original paradise, no fall or original sin.

You would understand that humans evolved from non-human ancestors over millions of years.

If you can assimilate these facts and still accommodate your beliefs then and only then you can claim to know what you believe and why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit