Peace and Security!

by biblexaminer 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer
    Theoldhippie. There's a link in my post. A left click will take you there.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Happy and greatfull I don't believe in Paul's or whovers s#it in the bible anymore.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

After every great war there has been a cry of peace and security. It's happened over and over again throughout history.

But never mind all that. I'm sure it will come in your lifetime because lets face it, Christianity breeds the thinking that relevance begins and ends with you.

• wozza
    wozza

I remember when the peace and security book was put out in the eightees ,just in time for the International year of Peace in 1986.

There was alot of anticipation amongst the JW's and they were pretty keen to read the "new" book ,the only problem was that this book was a rehash of an earlier 186 page book called the same . When I found this out I noticed the new one was recieved more cooly by the older JW's .as I was the literature servant .

I think I heard one of those pennies drop in the back of my mind back then ......"I wonder if the WTS is just capitilizing on the year of peace?" mmmmm

Oh yeah it became clearer over the years with the ever increasing changes in doctrine and the way the GB carried on ,anyone else notice this back then?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of the main problems with religious institutions or Charlatans selling and promoting their published goods is that don't teach the real factual truth concerning ancient mythology, in regards to the writings of the book of Revelation they are writings of fiction expressed for specific intent to their originality.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I don't know anyone who is a JW who is waiting for something to be written to them. If there is a declaration of "True Peace and Security" it will be obvious. Anything the JW's write will simply be a validation. Not, okay, this is it this time.

You've got to pinch that 11 button of hatred down to ten sometimes in order to think straight. Don't get so worked up. They're gonna do whatever they're going to do. Just live your life and try and enjoy it!

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Revelation 11:7 And when they have finished their witnessing, the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss will make war with them and conquer them and kill them. 8 And their corpses will be on the broad way of the great city which is in a spiritual sense called Sod´om and Egypt, where their Lord was also impaled. 9 And those of the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their corpses for three and a half days, and they do not let their corpses be laid in a tomb. 10 And those dwelling on the earth rejoice over them and enjoy themselves, and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those dwelling on the earth.

The two witnesses will be killed at the end of their1, 260 days (42 months) of witnessing…when verse 10 occurs it will be the time of the following below:

1 Thessalonians 5:1Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, YOU need nothing to be written to YOU. 2 For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape. 4 But YOU, brothers, YOU are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake YOU as it would thieves, 5 for YOU are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness. 6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.
  • jhine
    jhine
    Mad Irishman l only know that every JW l know is convinced that Armageddon is coming next week . They must get that from somewhere . Bonsai , with respect Christianity , as in the mainstream faiths , does not teach any kind of time scale for the end . We don't know when it will be . As l said before we just believe in living everyday as if it could be the last . That means loving God and loving our fellow man as ourselves to the best of our ability each day . Jan
  • biblexaminer
    biblexaminer
    Island man. You go ahead and shuffle the words and verses and chapters until you get whatever recipe your heart desires.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events.

At least they are being very specific about it - much like Revelation :)

They did rule out No series of events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit