Battlestar Galactica

by Heatmiser 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

I just got done watching the first 2 hours. So far the storyline has been good. Special effects good.

I think that if your a SciFi fan you will love this show.

Heatmiser

• copsec
    copsec

My husband is watching it right now. He loved the original series. He is not too happy about some of the changes they made in this one such as Starbuck being a woman, All in all though, he likes it.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Yes, they changed some of the characters that where male in the original to female. I feel that this falls more in the lines of today and the future of women having a more forward presence in the military.

Another show that I liked but was only on a couple of seasons back in the mid 90's was SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND. I didn't get to watch it much on it's first run but SCIFI channel a few years ago used to show them and I believe that I seen the whole series.

Heatmiser

• copsec
    copsec

Yeah, my husband said he understood why they updated it, he was just bummed cause it wasn't the Battlestar Galactica of his childhood! LOL He watched those Space and Beyonds too I believe...

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

There is a lot of shows that I remember "loving" in the 70's and 80's, but now when I watch them they are so corny. The original Battlestar Galactica is starting to get that way for me. I had some reservations on tonights show. They have been hyping it for so long I had to see it. I am glad I have so far.

Heatmiser

• Badger
    Badger

I dug Battlestar Metallica too...and Space: Above and Beyond...and all the Treks...and Firefly...

Space operas on TV are like soccer, Canadian beer and full-figured women...underappreciated by the masses.

• morty
    morty

Hubby and I are trying to find it on the t.v right now and cant find it...uurrrrrgg.....what channel or station is it on??? We do have stalite, so figured we would have it...

** still channel surffing***

• lastcall
    lastcall

I missed it.

Is there an Athena character. I remember that was Apollo's sister and Starbucks honey. She was HOT. Oh and what about Casseopia?

LC

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

SciFi channel

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Here is the link to the official website.

I missed it.

Is there an Athena character. I remember that was Apollo's sister and Starbucks honey. She was HOT. Oh and what about Casseopia?

Since it is on the SciFi channel they will show it a million times. It is a miniseries, not sure how many nights it wil run. They are showing 2 episodes tonight. If you a night owle they will probably play them again starting at 11pm.

As far as I can tell I don't think I have seen Athena and Casseopia yet, don't know if they are even going to be in this series.

http://scifi.com/battlestar/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit