Reversed Shunning

by Difido 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DIFIDO:

Just thinking about all this brought back memories of things I don’t have to deal with anymore.

I think this was mostly a ‘sister’s’ problem because the women in the Jehovah’s Witness religion were inflicted on each other more than the men were on each other.. It was awful being thrown together with people and seeing their insecurities up close. I didn’t have a “kingdom hall” personality. I acted the same as at work or anywhere else.

I tried to be friendly but some people (women) wouldn’t for whatever reason. I think some were ‘afraid’ of me because I was single and worked (not ‘spiritual’) or maybe they were afraid they would reveal too much about themselves. The conversations were stilted because they weighed their words. What really got me was when somebody tried to put on ‘airs’.

Then there were the nut-jobs and others that were overly sensitive and you had to tip-toe around them. And this was before the days when they actively recruited people with serious issues just so they could fill empty seats in kingdom halls.

No, my tolerating or being exposed to this nonsense is a thing of the past. How ironic that now it is MY turn to run from or shun Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have been out for over 25 years now Difido was a JW for 32 years and where we live now I have made a few friends and in the past 14 years we have been here I haven`t told a soul I was once a JW.

I`m embarrassed that I was ever one still.

One day I might drop the bombshell on them and tell them ,I can just imagine their faces of disbelief .When I was a member of U3A { University of the 3rd Age } I was in a discussion group and gave a presentation about the JW`s however none of them are in my circle of friends I have now.

But I can relate how you feel. And as far as taking a big step in posting here I think we can all agree to that feeling.

By the way welcome .

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Welcome.

You can now sleep in and have a nice breakfast Sat & Sun mornings!!! yay!

Install a caller ID block on your phone. Let everything go a nondescript voicemail or simply ring.

Don't answer the Door Sat around noon- or go for a nice drive with the family!

There is no rule that says you must engage every nut on their time table. :)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This:

Pete Zahut wrote: It never occurs to them that maybe someone doesn't approve of or want to associate with THEM.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, I feel the same way. You don't want us in your lives? You're not welcome! It's their loss. Don't come around only to put your time in. Don't come around to "save my a**! Don't come around to invite us only to a Memorial or Special talk. Don't come around because you are old and broke and NEED me. Come around because you love me and my family and want to be a part of our lives. Otherwise, good riddance to ya!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOES UP:

”Don’t come around because you are old and broke and NEED me.”

Amen a hundred times over to that. If I had listened to the JW religion’s harassment to quit my full time job back in the day to do ministry full time, I would not be Retired!

I have nothing but disgust for this hypocritical religion and don’t want Jehovah’s Witnesses coming near me looking for anything!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

LongHairGal

So glad you did not listen. We are watching our still in JW Elderly family members struggle financially. Some are still working hard labor jobs in their 60's and 70's. It IS taking a toll on them. They still believe this stuff. They were told in a 1969 publication that they would not graduate High school. The anti education rants from WT has put so many people in a VERY bad situation financially. WT has A LOT of blood on their hands.

We can see the resentment on our families faces. They just won't admit it to us. They don't want to put a "feather in our cap." We have A LOT to say to them about the past "advice" WT has given them. We are VERY vocal about it. Not matter what, they see it. Everyday is a struggle for them. I hate it for them. My kids won't be put out into this world without being able to survive financially.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOES UP:

So true!....I’m sure your relatives would have looked down on me back then when I worked and didn’t pioneer..I’m sure they were invited to special gatherings I was never invited to..hosted by older ‘spiritual’ sisters in the hall. (Some of these older ladies had a worldly husband who let them do their JW thing.)..Maybe some of these ladies are still alive and can give them a few bucks!

But what I have encountered in fairly recent times when I have met old JW ‘friends’ and I explain what I went through and how I won’t be targeted to give money:.I get a resentful and almost angry response from them!

You know what’s really SICK? I believe the people who ostracized me at the behest of the religion because of my job..will now hate me the most (ironically) because I won’t give money..But, I’m unfazed by anything they think and can never forget how screwed I’d be if I listened to that religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit