I SURVIVED........

by Nikita 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Nikita
    Nikita

.....7 days at Walt Disney World! It was great fun, but boy am I beat! I am a BIG chicken and my 9 year-old and husband talked me onto such rides as "Tower of Terror" and "Aerosmith's Rock-n-Roller Coaster" "Space Mountain." I think they got more fun out of seeing me terrified on those rides than anything else!

The weather was perfect until our last day-when it was a damp 55 degrees-the nuts got on Kali River Rapids 5 times and were shivering and drenched-but they were happy! (I was happy to be nice and warm and enjoyed watching the monkeys play!)

It was a nice time of year to go-crowds weren't bad-people were friendly. We are planning on doing it again in 3 years.

Anyways, it's good to be back!

Nikita

• Brummie
    Brummie

wow.

Welcome back, I would lurrv to survive that too. :) Glad you had a blast

Brummie

• flower
    flower

Cool Nikita..!! Glad you had fun. I'm taking my son as a surprised gift this Friday! Cant wait. I think were going to get some rain but anything will be better than all this snow!

• morty
    morty

Im glad you and your family had fun and welcome back....My children have always wanted to go there..( me too) ...Is it chalked up to what they say it is?? I have just ordered the video of it....did you stay in a hotel there? Just trying to get a feel for the $$$$ we will need to save by March break...

• Nikita
    Nikita

Hi Brummie, flower & Mortons!

Flower, he'll love it!!

Mortons, we stayed at Holiday Inn Family Suites-they have Kidsuites which are excellent! (Has a livingroom area with tv and pull-out sofa bed, mini fridge and microwave, safe, a master bedroom with King-size bed, tv, ceiling fan and the children have their own room with bunk beds, tv, Nintendo game console-bring your own games or they are available for rent.)They offer a complimentary breakfast buffet ( a nice buffet, too, not the kind with the little pastries!) Kids under 12 eat free for lunch and dinner! Also, they have complimentary shuttles to the parks and once inside you have use of Disney's transportation. They also offer free face-painting, family bingo and karaoke.

It's pricey to visit in the Orlando area, we ordered park-hopper plus tickets in advance, tried to limit what we spent on meals by taking advantage of the breakfast buffet and having a snack mid-day and either eating dinner at the hotel or finding something even cheaper elsewhere in Orlando. (Golden Corral was a good deal.)

If it were just me, I would have enjoyed it but probably wouldn't want to go back again and again. But, there was something magical seeing the excitement in my daughters eyes! She loved it and hated to leave. They have a new 3-d show "Mickey's PhilharMagic" it was really cute and she proclaimed her undying love for Donald Duck mid-way through it (he was the star of the show!)

That's my $.02!

edited to add a link for lots of info on WDW http://www.wdwinfo.com/

Nikita

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I am taking my crew down there right after spring break. Heard it gets dead afterwards. We'll see. Any tips? Any things you wish you knew before you went? If so, please pass them on to me. I can use any ideas you have.

TIA

• Nikita
    Nikita

Hi momofmany (how many is many?)

Try to eat a hearty breakfast and take some little snacks with you and a small bottle of water for each of you-prices inside the park are outrageous! They do bag searches even on fanny packs, so if possible, limit how many bags you take in. Take advantage of Fast Pass where available-it saves you lots of waiting time for the more popular rides! Around lunch time and dinner time, the lines move a little quicker.

Mickey's PhilharMagic is the newest and best of the 3-d attractions (at Magic Kingdom)-it was excellent! (It's Tough to Be a Bug is good as well.)

Mission Space was great! (new one at Epcot)

Park Closings are very congested-so if you don't want to stay for the parades and fireworks start making your way out a little earlier.

Hope you have fun!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Thanks for the info!! I will stuff them at breakfast. I did not even think of that. The way they eat, that was the best info I could have ever gotten.

Hi momofmany (how many is many?)

I have six surviving children. Five boys and one girl. Ages range from 3-14. Makes for a crazy house sometimes. But would not trade it for the world.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, Nikita, we stayed at that same Holiday Inn! It was great -- the kids were so thrilled to have Nintendo in their room that they almost didn't want to go anywhere. And that huge pool was wonderful. The breakfast buffet was great too, and I think it saved us a lot of money.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Nina

• Nikita
    Nikita
    I have six surviving children. Five boys and one girl. Ages range from 3-14. Makes for a crazy house sometimes. But would not trade it for the world.

That's great! My best friend growing up had 7 sisters and 3 brothers in a little home in the Pocono mountains! I always thought it would be great to have a big family like that! Some of my happiest memories growing up was with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit