dinosaurs(sp?)

by datsdethspicable 26 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Hy, I remember that pic too. I am not totally sure of which publication in appeared in, but my guess is the earlier edition of the Live Forever book.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    " Cassi where do you get this stuff from"? I realized years later she probably thought I was using articles from supermarket tabliods.

Yeah, but the tabloids are more credible.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

I used to make my dinosaurs in my green bible look like Godzilla. My mom would find out and whip me for defiling my bible. I still laugh about that.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I can see the Awake! article now: "Dinosaurs: God's Little Gardeners." May a Tyrannosaurus Rex eat their shorts while they're wearing them. Better yet, may they meet my 7-year-old son Jackson, who will give them a one-hour lecture (if they're lucky) on meat-eaters, plant-eaters, and his newly-discovered (and perfectly plausible) reason why dinosaurs became extinct.

Nina

• heathen
    heathen

I actually have a copy of a february 8, 1990 Awake magazine where they discussed the dinosaurs .They say that they don't know what happened but that the dinos did have a purpose that noone can explain . I think it probly had something to do with the fossil fuel that we use today . The article is called ," What Happened To The Dinosaurs ??? It has a bunch of really cool pictures on the cover of dinos.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I recall a mag stating it was inconclusive whether some of the carnivores were predators or actually carion eaters. That could explain the teeth. There is some truth to this in the case of T. Rex, at least. Controversy exists in the paleontology community over its validity. At least from a morphological view, Rex' hind legs were not the type for swift running. The knee is too low. Hence, a carrion candidate. Unfortunately, this does not hold for a host of others clearly "designed" for speed and tearing of flesh.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the more recent theory which was used in jurassic park is that T-rex could reach speeds of 30 mph for short distances and may have hunted in family units or packs . I would have to agree that T-rex could do either hunt or scavenge for food . I would really doubt that dinosaurs were simply scavengers , If that were the case then why do the plant eaters have all the armor plating and such ? I think the WTBTS confuses the vision of paradise earth in the future with the past . In the future the bible does say that animals will no longer hunt each other which I think is symbolized by the lion laying down with the lamb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit