dinosaurs(sp?)

by datsdethspicable 26 Replies latest jw friends

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

What is the belief of Jdubs about dinosaurs now? My daughter came home the other night from her grandma(JW) saying that she wouldn't let her watch a show about dinosaurs on Discovery Channel because what they were showing is not true. Dinosaurs were not meat eaters. Their only purpose was to trim the trees after Jehovah had created Earth. And of course Jehovah didn't make them that ugly. HUH?

That's OK. My daughter has learned let my mom talk and come home and get the real truth. She thinks my mom is loopy anyway. My daughter knows better and is very intellegent.

How can they believe stuff like that when science has proved otherwise? Dinosaurs are unearthed all the time even from icebergs in their former state of life..rambling..rambling.....#(&(*&@!...(&*^^&^%

• logansrun
    logansrun

The Watchtower doesn't talk about dinosaurs all that much. They had an Awake article a few years ago that was very vague about the subject. I remember the subheading in the article entitled, "When Did They Live?" and no geochronological evidence was presented one way or the other! They simply said, to the effect, "Jehovah created them on the fifth day of creation" -- [insert raucus laughter].

Bradley

• Simon
    Simon

There was something in an old "Golden Age" that claimed that Dinosaurs were just for terroforming the eath and may have been transported to Venus after their work was done.

Why God didn't just create it like he wanted it isn't explained. Seems like there is little he can get right doesn't it !

• gumby
    gumby

The dub stance is the same. Even if there were MORE conclusive evidence than there now is that SOME dinosaurs were meat eaters.....they would deny it.

How can you backpeddle on a teaching that it was sin that entered the world, which caused god to allow animals to eat one another? The dub reasoning is.....when Noah came out from the ark........god gave the command to eat meat, no doubt because vegetation was scarce. Then he supposedly CHANGED the animals habits which caused them to eat one another and to fear man.

This reasoning has no logic as man came AfTER the dinosaurs. Besides.....god had no issues with animals.....only man. Why wouild god cause animals to kill one another because MAN sinned?

There is evidence of meat in dinosaurs stomachs......but not alot of evidence as far as meat in their belly. Them there are some sharp teeth for chewing plants eh? Alan f. wrote some info. on this. You could PM him for the specifics.

Gumby

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

At least the dubs admit dinosaurs existed. Some fundies disavow the existence of dinos completely. I've heard that some even think that God planted fake evidence to test people's faith.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

The answer is quite simple, really:

Dinosaurs were placed on the earth to defoliate the heavy plant life caused by the planet being surrounded by a water canopy.

If you believe me, I have some swampland property in Brooklyn Heights I'd like to sell you.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    Some fundies disavow the existence of dinos completely

My Mother did not believe they existed until the Awake came out with an article about them. Up til then, she thought it was all a big scientific farce.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Remember the old green Bibles with the map in the front cover showing a brontosaurus smack dab in the middle of Mesopotamia?

hehe,

B.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Logan - YAH!!!! I use to be fascinated with that pic! What the h*ll was it doing there?!?!?!

• Badger
    Badger

Some fundamentalists claim that dinos were here until the flood...lol...and a few JW's (like my ex wife) bought that line, too, claiming the seven days = 7,000 years line.

I just used the reasoning of Clarence Darrow in Inherit the Wind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit