Anybody know about this one?

by careful 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Gutjahr ought to get his facts right, Jehovah's Witnesses did not exist in the 1920s and therefore could not have "invented" Bible paper. There is a faint possibility that it was a Bible Student who was also a paper technician who developed Bible paper according to the demands of external publishers. Did the Watchtower Society even print Bibles back in that decade? I don't think they did.

Well spotted Half banana. Bible Students and even JWs didn't have an agreed upon bible until the New World Bastardization was published.

• careful
    careful

OK, everybody, as so often happens, the thread appears to be going a bit off topic. Of course, I realize that doing that can be fun.

Just to clarify, the WTS began printing the Emphatic Diaglott on its own presses in 1926, so I think our Indiana English professor Gutjahr is referring to that.

If anybody has any info on this going to the cigarette manufacturer and inventing bible paper, I still like to know.

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

You know when I think about those bible pages did have a certain smell/scent.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@pale.emperor Holy smokes.

Pale Emperor be like:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit