Im Going To Approach A Witnessing Cart Today

by pale.emperor 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tenacious
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LevelThePlayingField - "...JWs just don't debate nor defend their beliefs anymore, at least not like they used to. If they get cornered like what happened then they just 'walk away' from it all..."

Yup.

Like Outlaw once said, old-school JWs were Watchtower Warriors, but today's JWs are soft.

I actually once asked my Dad this very question when I was a kid, and his reply was that it was a waste of time, because the "opposers" nowadays weren't actually interested in the debate itself, they were just doing it to distract JWs from the preaching work.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Excellent write-up of your discussion with JWs on page 2, pale.emperor.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

JWs just don't debate nor defend their beliefs anymore, at least not like they used to. If they get cornered like what happened then they just 'walk away' from it all

Yup, pretty much. Last time Jdubs came to my door, and i began questioning them in a friendly way on several things like contradictions with science, etc, they just cut the whole thing short and moved on down the street.

I actually asked them if they expect people to simply say yes to every thing and accept whatever they say. I pointed out that they are asking people to change their entire lives and so it makes sense that people would question everything they say, until it's proven right.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

saw two of them today outside a superstore I sometimes go to, I thought I'll walk over to them grab a WT and exchange a few pleasantries , took the WT and said " I see your lot have been in the news a lot lately ( In was just about to mention the ARC) one of the ladies said "sorry we dont speak any English" they were obviously Eastern European but the were distributing English WT/Awakes, just goes to show what an utter waste of time it really all is, needless to say the WT was binned when I got home

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I actually asked them if they expect people to simply say yes to every thing and accept whatever they say. I pointed out that they are asking people to change their entire lives and so it makes sense that people would question everything they say, until it's proven right."

Good point redVip!

They are asking people to change their entire lives w/o question...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit