Im Going To Approach A Witnessing Cart Today

by pale.emperor 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The city in which i work is flooded with those witnessing carts. Today im going to approach one of them and pretend i dont know what they believe. Gonna try and record it if i can. My questions are going to be:

Is it true you shun people who leave? - (i think they'll lie or sugar coat this one)

Who's in charge of your "church"? (that word will make them think i was never a JW)

How do you know they're not just crazy?

So sometimes God get's it wrong?

If they're infallible then how is their opinion anymore valid than the average guy on the street?

Then i'll bring up the Royal Commision.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"Then I will run them over with a steamroller!" lol

• freddo
    freddo

Too many questions for one hit IMO.

Stick to the first and last question.

Some other possibles ...

"My workmate was a jw who got excommunicated last year and now his jw mother won't talk to him because he disagreed with their policy on reporting child abuse - that can't be true can it?"

"If you knew about a pedo in your kingdom hall would you go to the police?"

"He's telling everyone at work that you may look like nice people but that he is being shunned by the church because they protect pedophiles."

"They're like whitewashed graves and Pharisees, he said. What's that all about?"

Watch'em squirm.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Also, how about:

So will everyone who doesn't agree with your faith be killed? Even little babies? How do you personally feel about watching babies be killed?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

or--why have your headquarters been sold ?

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

I like the question:

"What would it take to prove your faith isn't true?"

Gives you a great head start.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I was in Rickmansworth a village outside London, and I saw two middle aged ladies "womaning " a Witness Cart, I was tempted to approach but they were laughing with a real cockney guy, who was selling fruit and veg near where they had the cart. So I decided to observe, and noticed something I hadn't seen before with a Witness Cart, these woman were great ladies, saying hello with people in this little community as accepted members of the village. This really impressed me. They presented themselves as equal not better than people. Yes maybe I should have gone and said something controversial, but I felt they probably had elder husbands, and so when I went over I simply said, " You seem great people, but I can't say the same about your church, so I won't take any literature, however can you tell me where I can buy a Donnor kebab? Thus putting their witness time to good use.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

As them "What is your policy on beards?"

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Darknight757 ; " Ask them " What is your policy on beards?"

We had an elderly lady in the congregation who had a lot of facial hair. So not sure I would ask that question if I see her on the cart.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

LOL Rebel. When we were shopping for our fade hall we met an old lady who was 92 years old and had a nicer goatee than I could ever grow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit