Lack of Joy

by Gorb 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

Thanks all for the reactions. We came into the hall with a friendly smile and left with questions and some disapointment. Was this the religion of our youth?!?

We, a PoMo family, have peace of mind, joy and hapiness. Our children are happy, friendly, logical and such a great open mind characters. My wife and I have the friendly smile and peace in mind. We don't have the rules and regulations. And the changes about field service, beards, clothing style and DF had no impact on us. Jo Publisher and his family seems realy depressed. The Caleb and Sophie's seems not happy anymore. Remember the saying that people outside the organization live in "a mist". I think the mist clouds are in the hall now.

G.

• Gorb
    Gorb
    X
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"It seemed absurd to pass those plates like a charade."

But who would actually want to eat the bread and drink the wine? They would have be prepared with so many glasses and crackers.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

And the Elders would not have all that left over Wine to drink !

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    It seemed absurd to pass those plates like a charade.

I broke down for the sake of seeing one or two friends who are PIMI. Pulled out a chair by itself next to the back wall by myself. When they passed the plate and glass one of the newbies who I do not know handed them to me with a hopeful look that I would hand it back to him, then a look of disgusted disappointment when I did not, instead handing it to another plate passer on the other side of my chair. Damn near laughed right out loud.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

You should have taken the plate and loudly commented "looks pretty fresh for the flesh of a guy who's been dead 2,000 years."

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I remember taking my non-JW wife to a Memorial, and when it was over I asked her opinion. She said it was the most joy-less "church" service she had ever attended, in fact she likened it to going to a tax seminar! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit