Art work in the 1933 book riches

by mickbobcat 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

Bobcat thanks ! I think the two men a bit suspect. Some of the other things seem more like wishful thinking that we are seeing subliminal messages. Hell every time I look at the clouds I swear they are smiling or angry with me. You can see what you want or not see too .

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi Minimus,

Yea, I agree. I usually take most of the subliminal stuff with a grain of salt. But there are a few that are hard to explain any other way.

The picture with the one naked man up against the other, I wonder if CT Russel borrowed the artwork? And if so, why would he put such a picture in his publication? Was this a way to get the curious to buy the book? It seems like the poor colporteurs would be run out of town for trying to distribute this kind of stuff.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm pretty sure the book 'Creation' referred to was a Rutherford book from the '30s, not 1914 as cited. Russell had a book called 'The New Creation', but the one with the offensive picture was a Rutherford-era book.

• steve2
    steve2

Adam and Eve are specimens of badly- drawn humans, flat-chested, of pasty-white complexion and quite delicate in build. Clearly, the Judge saw the first humans as Caucasians betraying his ethno-superior world view. I would have thought Adam would have had a full beard and well-defined abs but no.

Satan, as usual, gets to wear the most impressive clothes. I'd kill for that toga and sandals.

• minimus
    minimus

I remember we had all those old books in our library and the art work seemed weird to me even then.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why in that 1933 book Riches with the illustration ,does Adam have nipples ? I notice that he doesn`t have a belly button but why nipples ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit