Art work in the 1933 book riches

by mickbobcat 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I picked this book up at a flea market for three bucks. The art work is great. I love the Satan and

Adam and Eve.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Burn It! Its demonised.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Awesome, you got a bargain. That's the one where the serpent had legs.

• carla
    carla

I suppose I would be body shaming if I said that Eve is not what I picture when I think of Eve of the Garden of Paradise?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

They do look like brother and sister rather than man and wife. I would like to get a tattoo of that Satan. Also the arms are ape arms. But I guess they were not as evolved.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I forget which one but one of the Rutherford books has a painting of Jesus dying on the cross with two men having sex in the background.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The old books took artwork from outside sources ( Christendom) and used it. With a search you can probably find a source for Adam and Eve.

• minimus
    minimus

Neat blue dog... what???

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

with two men having sex in the background.

Well to be honest its looks two guys close one behind another in what one wouldn't consider an actual sex position.

By the way speaking of sex Rutherford was a adulterater who lived with his mistress in the Beth Sarim mansion while he was separated from his wife.

How's that for righteous wholesome virtue for a known and appraised JWS.

Tell that to a JWS now days and watch their mouth drop and head spin.

2,821 Head spin Stock Photos, Images | Download Head spin Pictures on  Depositphotos®

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

See this page, about the 4th or 5th picture down. According to the web page it comes from page 257 of the 1914 book Creation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit