honesty

by midnight 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

The GB is like so many groups that control large swaths of people: They are never wrong, it's just that you haven't yet figured out that they are lying. The proof is in the literature - you can show that they know 607 bce is not true by following their own pubs (namely the insight books and 1 older WT article). There are no "mistranslations" when you deliberately put the wrong word/phrase in your bible when it supports your "theology." Do they even believe in a creator? I have no idea but they certainly are not honest and the magazines / books are full of purposeful evasions, revisionary history, propagandist methodologies, thought controlling tactics.

Jas 2:19 - You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

The GB does not shudder.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Once they thought they were wrong.....but they were mistaken...

They do admit when they are wrong, but it sounds like this...NEW LIGHT...AND IT GETS BRIGHTER.....ANY MORE NEW LIGHT & WE'LL HAVE TO WEAR JW SHADES....

The friends say that the org. admits when they make a mistake....how humble...but I say to myself.....how many times...then I remember...77 times...so the GB's can make 77 mistakes and we have to forgive them...77 times...now, what number are they up to now ?

Tor

• steve2
    steve2

They've only admitted for causing the hype over 1975 in the 1980 Yearbook, but that's the only thing

Uh hummmm. A bit of a correction there Jules:

JW organization's literature has never directly 'admitted causing the hype over 1975'. either in the 1980 Yearbook or anywhere else in its publications.

Sure, they admitted mistakes were made - but they never once said, "We made them".

Of course, it is now common knowledge that one of the most influential GB members ever - who was also Watchtower Society President for a few years - Fred Franz (Ray's uncle) was the main driver of the drivel around 1975.

Here, from the article, Choosing the Best Way of Life, in the 1980, the Watchtower quotes word-fro-word, statements made in its pages in 1976:

"In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower, commenting on the inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated: "If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises." In saying "anyone," The Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah's Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date".

The sentence I have bolded is perhaps one of the most-quoted badly-worded statements ever made about the errors made in promoting the 1975 teaching.

• Spiral
    Spiral

@midnight,

As I was able to avoid going to the convention this year, can you (or someone else) fill me in a bit about the content of this 1975 video?

• kairos
    kairos

Honesty:

The GB would admit they are not directed nor do they know "Jehovah".
    They would clearly state that everything they have been teaching was not backed by any supreme being.

"we're false prophets"

"and that concludes the 'Don't Give Up' convention"

---

If you want to get right down to it...

• steve2
    steve2

Spiral - it's available on JW.org - I think you can also find it on youtube.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Midnight: how come the governing body despite its claims to be spirit directed are not honest about there [sic] mistakes ?

Asked and answered.

They are NOT "spirit-directed." Hell, they don't even have the basic decency of the average person to admit when they are wrong!

They are liars and liars gotta lie.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@steve2

correction appreciated!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The GB will never apologize.... That will only happen when:

Image result for picture of pigs flying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest