boners by fine JWs

by enoughisenough 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

As a JW, did you ever know of totally unchristian behavior ( boners) by some "fine" witnesses? I know of more than my fair share and will reveal some. An elder/pioneer kicked his elderly wife who had Alzheimer's out. He took her to a town where her son who was at work lived and dumped her in his yard. He found her wondering around in the yard-lost and perplexed. The elder/pioneer remained in good standing giving parts and prayers even though the other elders knew about it. After it was noted, nothing was being done about the heinous way the man treated his wife, her children did get a meeting with the elders, but the local congregation always thought the man upstanding. Then there was a case where a "brother" marries a "sister" and decides he made a mistake. He takes everything except her clothing ( including groceries ) from the apartment and either hides them in storage or sells in a yard sell. He turns off the heat in the apartment and she had to leave the apt. After which, he changed the locks and eventually moved back in. His status in the congregation never changed. He never gave a dime of support to the wife, but was known to take groups of "friends" out to lunch after meetings. He even gave a car to a pioneer sister who needed one. He would sit with his gay Bible study at the Hall. Years later the "brother" dies. He had never divorced the sister but kept in contact with her, even planning to "fix" the marriage as best he could. His own Family of JW sisters, kept all of value of his belongings even though the "brother" wanted his wife to have some of it. They wrote up a will and had him sign it while in hospital a day or two before he died, leaving nothing to the wife-which surprisingly he claimed to love. The same fine witness family also wrote up and filed a fraudulent probate. I came to know of this because the wife bought the records from the courthouse of the probate and copy of the will which was falsely executed. These Fine JW remained in good standing even though the elders of their congregations were made aware of the fraud and thief. One more: there was the case of where local brothers had it in for a member of the congregation and they got an elder from another congregation to communicate with the member they were trying to get rid of. He was to ask questions to get the member to speak against them ( elder body ) so they could weaponize the conversation against the member. This tactic actually happened to more than just one member in that congregation. ( how's this for "love among yourselves")

• skin
    skin

Boner? Sounds like that word has a different meaning in other parts of the world. 🤭

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

An elder who I thought was a shining example of spirituality. His kids turned out to be real rebbes after leaving home. I’m talking go to jail rebels here. Turns out years later that he was a real monster at home. Physically abused his family for years. Tbh I don’t know how the guy done it so successfully living 2 different lives with out anyone suspecting him

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

skin--I would change the word if I knew how to edit it for the sake of other parts of the world. Anyway the context makes clear the meaning.

• skin
    skin

Yes, I understand the context.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I thought to add more to the story of the elder/pioneer who dumped the Alzheimer wife. He died in good standing with the congregation. The elder's meeting resulted in him making an effort to "court" the woman. ( in the meantime he had picked out his next wife-even inviting her on a date out of town.) When he died, he left the home to one of his sons. An Elder and a man who had sold out to go and do branch construction in other countries. When the elder/pioneer died, the woman who had Alzheimer's and her daughter went to the property to retrieve some of the woman's belongings. The son/elder and also a brother-in-law/circuit overseer wouldn't let the woman have her things. ( at one point the Elder/pioneer had been in the hospital and told a local elder to have the woman get her stuff from the home because she wasn't allowed back in-and the toothless lions saw nothing wrong with this. )

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

Wow! The story about the guy who dumped his Alzheimers wife is outrageous enough.

But that other one with the guy who married the sister and changed his mind and pulled all those shenanigans really takes the cake. Even though outrageous things like this could possibly happen in the ‘world’ (some small town), they would be more likely to happen in a cult somewhere. Typical behavior of cloaking some man’s sins so he gets away with even more things!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

LongHairGal, the sister who married the guy who changed his mind went from place to place with her suitcase-ended up camping in a barn( cold Spring in Maine ) when the apartment was made unlivable and suffered PTDS having panic attacks while either shopping for or putting away groceries for years afterward. She had found a tea bag when taking her things from the apartment ,went to her husband's shop next door, and asked for sugar for the tea and was told there wasn't any.

The elders in the congregation acted like the sister deserved to be treated so badly. The sister had complained to the elders about all of it and showed them love letters her husband's gay Bible study had written to her husband. There were no repercussions to the husband-that may be due in part because the gay Bible study threatened some sort of law suit. ( some years later, the "brother" was approved as an aux pioneer, and the sister learned of it and wrote letters to the WT and so the elder body got told they couldn't approve him because he wasn't taking care of his wife. )

• titch
    titch

Enough: Perhaps you could have used the term " foolish error or blunder." That IS the dictionary definition of a boner. (In addition to other terms) Just sayin'......Best Regards Everyone.....Titch.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In years gone by if I ever had a boner my wife was the first to know about it ., sadly those days are gone now.,i never get a boner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit