Underground stone rings made by Neanderthals

by freemindfade 11 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/scientists-underground-stone-rings-made-by-neanderthals/2016/05/25/1fa17e98-229b-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae_story.html

Two mysterious stone rings found deep inside a French cave were probably built by Neanderthals about 176,500 years ago, proving that the ancient cousins of humans were capable of more complex behavior than previously thought, scientists say.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I love this stuff.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It seems now that every week something is discovered that makes a literal interpretation of the Bible a really really stupid position to hold.

Of course, JW's will hang on until people actually laugh at them in the street before they change their position.

The reason for this is that the GB and leaders of the JW org realise that as soon as you start to say the Bible nonsense is Metaphor at best, they have no "Original Sin" etc to put fear in to their followers.

If Salvation does not depend on them, the Holy G.B, they cannot fleece the flock for more money. $$$.

• Not This
    Not This

Love this stuff too!

Check out Gobekli Tepe in Turkey.

• sparky1
    sparky1

You know very well that SATAN put those rings in that cave no more then 6000 years ago! He did it to confuse both scientists and Christians and draw them away from faith in Jehovah!

• ScenicViewer
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Great articles, FMF and Scenic Viewer.

It seems Neanderthals were capable of complex behaviour. Sorry, I don't have the articles to hand but some scientists have authored papers concluding several interesting points about Neanderthals:

1. they were capable of controlled vocalisation

2. they buried their dead

3. they had impressive tool-making technology

4. they may have worn clothes in the cold climate

5. they may have decorated their bodies with paint

6. they cooked vegetables before eating them

7. they used intelligent hunting strategies on a range of dangerous prey, including mammoths.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Also, there are several fossil Neanderthal skulls that show lack of teeth and a bowed shape to the jaw, seen typically in elderly people.

This is evidence that Neanderthals had a pretty advanced social system. Elderly people that might have been unable to hunt or gather food were being looked after.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Elderly people that might have been unable to hunt or gather food were being looked after.

Evidently not JW Neanderthals then.

George

• Bw500
    Bw500

And don't forget that everyone living outside of Africa has a tiny bit of Neanderthal DNA in them from when modern humans migrated out of Africa and intermingled with the Neanderthals. (this fact is one of the things that made me finally examine the doubts I had about the borg's interpretation of the Bible).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit