Who `d a Thought The GB would Listen to the United Nations And Stop Witnessing for Jehovah.?

by smiddy3 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

"We must obey God rather than men" Act.5:29 has sure been discarded now and the GB are obeying the United Nations World health Organization and shutting down all of their "Witnessing" operations ,very effectively I might add.

Instead of Boldly proclaiming the Kingdom message as they used to blow there own trumpet about obeying God rather than men they are now more in fear of what the Superior Authorities will do to them if they don`t obey them.

This is something nobody banked on ever happening least of all the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses that the preaching work would come to a standstill .

Of course they will put a spin on it ,that there protecting the health and well being of their members and the public.

But the fact remains they are Not Trusting In Jehovah to protect their members nor are they Trusting In Jehovah to keep the "Worldwide Preaching Work" going.

What do you think ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Indeed...The JW leadership does have a dilemma on their hands to deal with. Instead of chaos, anarchy & confusion among neighbors and communities...most people are kind to one another while at the same time endeavoring to obey government officials. JW rank & file were expecting the worst in people at a time like this. Instead JWs are seeing kindness, goodness & compassion being expressed by government officials, the medical health authorities & people in general. The JW rank & file are going to be looking for an explanation from their leaders as to why, in this "wicked system of things", there is sooo much goodness and caring during these difficult times. Many a Jehovah's Witness is thinking..."What The Hell"!

And then to top it off as you say smiddy3...Jehovah's organization is taking direction from the so called wild beast!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Obeying men rather than God What do you think ?

Since you asked... to me thats not really a fair comparison. There’s a difference between the government temporarily stopping the preaching work and other similar activities in the effort to stop the spread of a disease as opposed to stopping it outright simply because they've singled JWs out and said they have no right to preach it all.

JWs would stop preaching if the weather service said a hurricane or tornado were on the way but they wouldn’t stop if the government said we don’t like what you’re saying and don’t want you preaching anymore.

X JWs have legitimate complaints but this is one of those unfair “ they’re damned if the do/ damned if they don’t” situations.

• waton
    waton
    they are Not Trusting In Jehovah to protect their members

s3: wtBtS inc dared god to do something in 1914, in 1925, 1975, 1999, now not later than 2075, and nothing they predicted happened.

The Last Supper memorial / Passover was in memory of the greatest finely tuned act of angelic power: sorting out all human and animal firstborn and kill them in one night, by one angel. Far more labour intensive than the 185 000 camped together.

wt does not want 2020 added to their list of failed prophecies, ignored by the god that they misrepresented and provoked into non-action before.

not endorsing the talking snake saga, just stating the facts,

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This wouldn't be the first time the Org has budged when "Satan's World" has given a push...

...ten bucks says their lawyers have advised them that due to all the pedo-related shit going on, their tax-exemption is in too precarious a state for them to risk defiance on this front.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Given all that the borg has to lose, vast real estate holdings, cash , and tax exempt status, you can bet your sweet ass that they are now very willing to "comply" with 'worldly' authorities. Especially here in the USA where the headquarters reside. Their biggest day of the year, Memorial, with all it's hype and "vital importance" that people attend,----------------------------------now cancelled!

Money talks a lot louder that jehober right now!

just saying!

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Just goes to show how much their rhetoric changes over the years evolves. They have not stressed door to door very much at all for years. It has all been about the carts. Since the beer sickness, of course, they stress letter writing (by hand, not typed or copied like the old BE book said to do, because you can waste more time), phone calls, texts, video conferencing, to do the 'ministry work'/recruitment. They will brag about how they continued preaching during this time, ignoring the fact that they dis-obeyed their misinterpretation of going door to door. Probably even telling stories about how it helped them see if the bible students were sincere or not, because that is their recent thing, again. I totally agree that the legal beagles, meaning they have a lot in common with a loyal dog, told wt to play it safe and don't create any waves. Don't look over here! We are following all the suggestions!!!

Edit to say: they are telling people with regular territories to call them or write letters. IDK how they would get anyone's phone number. I remember a long time ago people in heavily worked areas were calling people in 'unassigned territory', I suppose that went away when everyone switched to mobile phones.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yea, who’ a thought that the “angels declaring the good news” would be called back to base by an itty bitty virus?

Unprecedented I think, it must be the first time the work and meetings have stopped since they started..and what are they going to do with all those memorial invitations?

Oh well.... every cloud has a silver lining 😏

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

But the fact remains they are Not Trusting In Jehovah to protect their members nor are they Trusting In Jehovah to keep the "Worldwide Preaching Work" going.

Exactly! I did ask an eldurr about Acts 5: 29, and he replied, "But this is different." No explanation of WHY this wold be different than any other guideline or rule telling JDubs to quit preaching. I also asked about their time worn scripture Hebrews 10: 25 they always used in order to beat Dubs who missed meetings. Not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near. No answer to that one.
    Then I asked him if they should just go in the public service, hold the meetings, and see if God would bless and protect t hem after all doesn't the Bible say that God said, "test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Even some churches have more faith in their god (Even though its Idiotic) than the WT, who cancelled all their in person meetings and FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit