Just a story to share

by sinboi 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• sinboi
    sinboi

Guy A and guy B were in bondage for a long time. During this period, they have endured a lot of suffering and hardship.

Somehow, they managed to escape from their captors.

Guy A was very happy that he regained his freedom. He put everything behind him, work hard and succeeded in building up a career.

10 years later, he met guy B. He asked guy B what he has been doing for the past 10 years.

Guy B replied :" I can't forget how we suffered while in bondage. I can't get over it. I wanted revenge!"

You know what guy A said to him?

"I never knew you are still in bondage to them for the past 10 years!"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can't get over it. I wanted revenge!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.

The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his 
journey.

The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk could contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”

• sinboi
    sinboi

I like your story, Morpheus.

I think we need to learn to let go.

Many of us are carrying a heavy load of baggage containing our past failures, past mistakes and past grievances, especially from the wt bondage.

We really need to put this baggage down and move on.

I know it's easier said than done. We may not be able to put the whole baggage down all at once. But I'm sure we can slowly throw off the rubbish in our baggage bit by bit. It will then be lighter and make it easier for us to move forward..

10 years from now...will we still be under wt bondage even though we are physically out of this cult a long time ago????

Just some thoughts from a 16 y.o. kid....

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Guy A and guy B were in bondage for a long time. During this period, they have endured a lot of suffering and hardship.

Somehow, they managed to escape from their captors.

Guy A was very happy that he regained his freedom. He put everything behind him, work hard and succeeded in building up a career.

10 years later, he met guy B. He asked guy B what he has been doing for the past 10 years.

Guy B said: I've been helping others escape their captors. Although this means I have to be close to my former captors, it gives me immense pleasure to know that I have freed over 100 more people!

Guy A and Guy B then went for a beer, happy they were both out and had used their lives well.

There. Corrected it.

• sinboi
    sinboi

Yeah..good.

I think Guy B would have more satisfaction than guy A....

• Chook
    Chook

Guy B has empathy and is compelled to help those held captive , some survive a earthquake and flee to the mountains, others stay behind with risk to themselves to save others. If I'm creating an army of brave hearts I'll take guy B , he is willing to risk his comfort to save his fellow friends.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

I can certainly appreciate some of the rewrites above but I think there's a good point made in the original post. I can't remember where I saw it but there was this term I came across "ex ex-jw" which essentially was like our Guy A above. That is to say that many ex JW are still stuck in the pain of the past like our Guy B, but if you can move past that, you can make it to ex ex-jw where it's all in the rear view mirror and you have moved on. Its not always as simple as that unfortunately and we have to be careful not to judge or alienate others based on where they are in their own personal journey. Some are pimo, some are still coming to terms, some have more healing to do than others and some may feel resentful for the bad decisions they have made in their lives because of undue influence and deception, perhaps even having wasted decades of the only life that they know for sure that they have now that their faith has been shaken.

I like to think of myself as Guy A, but then I'm pimo, at least for now, and I do occasionally find my blood boiling at the extreme hypocrisy and the utter wickedness of the GB. I wait (im)patiently until I can be 100% out and put this nonsense behind me but I know there will still be life long consequences. My heart goes out to every victim of this and other religious parasitic fraudulent organizations.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If my little girl wasnt being dragged to the meetings by her mother i wouldnt bother keeping up to date with Watchtower nonesense. Unfortunately, until she's older and can decide for herself, i read every elders letter, announcement and convention outline.

I've moved on in many ways from the indoctrination, but unable to just let Watchtower be.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?"

-Watchtower, January 15, 1974

While I do understand the need to forgo "revenge" in order to attain inner peace, I do have strong admiration, appreciation and a sense of indebtedness to the activists who wore their chains of former bondage openly and clanged them loudly enough for me to wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit