Instructions to remove old WT information from kh libraries

by Half banana 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

A pimo friend (physically in mentally out) has just informed me that the cult has decided that they want to suppress all old JW org information by removing bound volumes etc from kh libraries.

In reality, all through their history they have claimed divine "new light" as a means of changing uncomfortable doctrines. This however would mean that new JWs, or more likely these days young JWs, will be prevented from seeing the old light which had been held up as divinely inspired truth in the past.

Truth which would get you through big A and which if you didn't agree with would get you disfellowshipped.

Anyone else heard of this? What might be the reasons (if true) for removing the old WTs?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Your friend is probably referring to the following Elders' letter which was posted, and discussed, here five days ago:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5661579800477696/august-1-2017-boe-re-using-maintaining-kingdom-halls

BoE Letter - August 1, 2017 - Re: Using and Maintaining Kingdom Halls

47. Library: Each Kingdom Hall auditorium should have space for a library. (od p. 61) The library should contain publications for each language group using the auditorium. The bodies of elders should determine whether the library will provide publications in printed form, electronic form, or both. Since many publishers and interested persons may neither use computers nor have electronic devices, the elders should give careful consideration to the needs of such individuals when making decisions as to the Kingdom Hall library, especially before deciding to eliminate printed publications. If the publications will be provided in electronic form, such as on a device with access to Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY or on a computer by means of Watchtower Library, a printer should be made available. At least one responsible brother should be assigned to keep the library up-to-date and in good order.

48. In the event that the bodies of elders decide to eliminate printed publications from the library, care should be taken not to discard items that have historical significance. The branch office may wish to add such items to its library or to its archive of historical materials.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5661579800477696/august-1-2017-boe-re-using-maintaining-kingdom-halls

haha! - fastJehu's comment below

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

You can read it here in this BOE:

Edit: some seconds to slow (bad for the "fast" in my name)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

WT would ideally like to see their entire actual true history to be wiped from the face of the earth and replaced with a fictional whitewashed version.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    48. In the event that the bodies of elders decide to eliminate printed publications from the library,

this apparently means you must do it!

My PIMO friend tells me now that the coordinator in his cong had not been understood the significance of these instructions but now knows he has to remove the old publications. He says they don't want to publicise the clearing out.

Yes sparrowdown, the new whiter than white, whitewashed new light....... not a stain in sight and NOW twice as bright!

Never forget we had seventy five years of "The generation of 1914" whist the Watchtower got rich and the sheep got fleeced.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    48. In the event that the bodies of elders decide to eliminate printed publications from the library,
    this apparently means you must do it!

TBH, I don't really think so...

BUT if they do eliminate printed publications, then the elders must provide (ie buy and maintain) either a tablet or a PC and a printer for KH users to access either the online library or the CD-ROM.

Therefore the simplest, and cheapest option, is keep the KH library 'as is' - with the printed publications.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@darkspilver - space isn't free. It may be cheaper to buy a computer and printer than an ever expanding amount of shelf space.

One elder once told me that what was written as a suggestion in these letters should be taken as a directive, and I quote "Jehovah does not have grey areas".

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Anony Mous: @darkspilver - space isn't free. It may be cheaper to buy a computer and printer than an ever expanding amount of shelf space.

True, but the 'as is' option in existing KHs is still the simplest, including managing it.

'Ever expanding' ?!?!?! haha! good joke!

Really, it's not like the WT nowadays are actually printing much new stuff anyway?!?

A couple of inches-a-year at most??

Annual bound volume is one inch thick, plus the annual yearbook, publication index and workbooks, plus the odd new book every couple of years - that must average out to two-inches of shelf space-a-year?

One elder once told me that what was written as a suggestion in these letters should be taken as a directive, and I quote "Jehovah does not have grey areas".

Yes I've heard that - but re-read paragraph 47:

The bodies of elders should determine whether the library will provide publications in printed form, electronic form, or both. Since many publishers and interested persons may neither use computers nor have electronic devices, the elders should give careful consideration to the needs of such individuals when making decisions as to the Kingdom Hall library, especially before deciding to eliminate printed publications.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When I was beginning to wake up over 5 years back, we had a work day at the KH.

The Co-ordinator ordered that all the older books be boxed up and thrown to the garbage tip.

I objected because "we were always told to value our rich spiritual heritage", so I hid the boxes back in the basement of the hall.

I then read many of those books!
    That was my awakening when I read the bat-shit crazy stuff the society spewed out! (Old CT Russell books etc!)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nothing new really the WTS has been doing this for decades.;

You've got to cover up your past lies, deceptions and corruption or people will get wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit