SYN Is Moving To Brisbane!!!

by SYN 19 Replies latest jw friends

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

((((((((((((((Syn))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so happy for you. Hope you settle into your new life w/ out a hitch!! Congrats to you and we will be looking forward to your return. You will be missed!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

That kicks ass! Welcome to the developed world, SYN.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Who said Syn will be spending any time in Brissy, anyway? From what I've heard, he'll be down on the Gold Coast, doing the sun, surf and sheilas thing!

Well done, Syn! Looking forward to catching up.

• Matty
    Matty

Well done SYN! Great news!

Now who is going to represent South Africa in the ex-JW world? For a country with such a huge population it's odd we don't have one or two others to fill your shoes.

• Aztec
    Aztec

SYN, I hope it's safer in Brisbane than where you live now. You've worried me a few times with your descriptions. I wish you nothing but the best.

I'm still holding my Supreme post in reserve for something new I've been writing recently...

I'm anxiously awaiting it.

One of your fans,

~Aztec

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

My daughter loved Brisbane when she visited last summer.

Best wishes to you Syn!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    SYN, I hope it's safer in Brisbane than where you live now. You've worried me a few times with your descriptions.

Don't worry, Az, Oz cities are generally "safe" (so long as you take common-sense precautions, of course!). The worst crime I've encountered in Sydney is the price of Guinness in the fake Irish Pubs.

Still, a major crime wave is about to descend on the city later this week, in the form of 60000 "unpaid volunteers", who will claim that the publishing company they work for is really a "religion". Also, that they're "the happiest people on Earth"...

• SYN
    SYN

OzziePost:

Brisbane is not such a bad place these days. Twenty years ago it was real hicksville but now it's a rather attractive, modern city.

The way I figure it, it can't possibly be any WORSE than Johannesburg...! And about that highway...I'll be hard to impress that way...sometimes here you see mini-buses being driven around not with steering wheels but with monkey wrenches clipped to the steering column...oh, and the occasional passenger hanging out of a window...:P

Xena:

Congradulations SYN! *cough* you know though there are lots of jobs in TEXAS aka apostate central! Let us know when you get tried of working "down under"

Hehehehehe...I can neither confirm nor deny this...

Smack, I'll give you a ring once I get there...

Don't worry Mouthy, I'll be back online in two twists of a lamb's tail! And with something interesting for a change, too!

Thanks Ray! I do still want to go to Canada! Maybe I should twist my new boss' arm to get him to sponsor me a little "ticket" up to the cold, snowy North!

Thanks ChimChim. This is my dream job...*cue angelic sighing*

Nilfun, I'm probably going to be clinging to the armrests for most of the journey, until an air hostess knocks me out or something...

Slosan, apparently Australia is a lot quieter than South Africa, I think I'll enjoy it there.

Euphimism, couldn't agree more! Can you say BROADBAND INTERNET?????

Stephanus, SHHHHHH! :P Looking forward to catching up too...

Matty, yes it is odd, isn't it? I do know we have some lurkers from SA. What's up with that?

Aztec, I hope so too...and I'm working away like a beaver on that story. (Hey, that didn't sound very polite...)

BeautifulGarbage, does your daughter like younger guys? :P Just kidding!

Steph, bleh, imagine me starting off my new, jet-set Australian life, only to have to run into 6000 reminders of what I left behind :( Not good, but I'll live! I'll introduce a few of the better looking Sisters to the wonders of ... urm... posting on XJW boards! :P

I luuuuuurv you guys!

• Valis
    Valis

SYN, I'm glad you have moved actually. At least closer to some of our Apostate brothers and sisters..I hope all is well and I look forward to reading your next work.

SYNcerely,

District Overbeer

• Aztec
    Aztec
    a major crime wave is about to descend on the city later this week, in the form of 60000 "unpaid volunteers", who will claim that the publishing company they work for is really a "religion".

OMG, that's too funny Stephanus!

SYN, we luuurrrrv you too! If you should happen to visit the great, white, snowy North let me know cause I love Canada and go there whenever I can. Well, it's only 15 minutes away so why shouldn't I?

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit