So, two JW men knock on our door tonight at about 8pm

by JWdaughter 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

All they did was invite us to a convention on the other side of town in mid-July. My husband tried to engage them and asked where he could send them some information. . . they showed him the address for the convention center across town-yeah, they are going to get it there.

He's just advertising HIS business, but still, if they are going to knock on our door right before dinner, they could at least be honest and tell him that they will never see anything that he sends to the assembly hall.

First visit by English speakers where they would speak to us -usually they come with a Spanish speaking person agenda (even if everyone at the door speaks English(!) and ask us where to find a Spanish speaking family-we live in South Texas, for crying out loud!). If they fart, someone who is Hispanic is gonna get a whiff of it!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

they could at least be honest and tell him that they will never see anything that he sends to the assembly hall.

Jehovah`s Witnesses "That Are Not Truthful"....

What a Huge Friggin Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

• jws
    jws

A friend got a Spanish tract for an assembly in San Antonio. She's in Round Rock, north of Austin. Which is maybe what 75-90 miles? That's a pretty long way, IMO, to invite people. Hell, they never really came when we passed out flyers for the Sunday talks at our local hall when they lived no further than about 5 miles. What makes these JWs think people are going to drive 90 miles to hear a talk?

At least most of the companies trying to entice you around here try to bribe you with dinner to come hear their sales pitch. I'm supposed to drive 90 miles to hear a talk and you aren't even going to feed me or reimburse my gas?

I mean if it was in the same town, I could see. But that seems a bit far, IMO.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I'm supposed to drive 90 miles to hear a talk and you aren't even going to feed me or reimburse my gas?

JWs are too busy for them to even think of how illogical It all is. They are told to run on the hamster wheel, and they do it without question. They rack up lots of miles, they waste a lot of time, but they accomplish nothing.

Worst PR campaign in world history.

If Jesus was Donald Trump, he would say: You're Fired!

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Two guys came to my door the other day with a tract I didn't bother to engage them in

in conversation, what's the point. I should have ask them do you folks keep records on

the householder. Over the years I have spoken to half of your congregation and you people

keep coming back, hell I'am a Apostate.LOL

• jws
    jws

James Mixon wrote:

Over the years I have spoken to half of your congregation and you people keep coming back, hell I'am a Apostate

I've been engaging them for years. First as a thinking householder arguing the logic of their suppositions. But all bible based. Most recently, I portrayed the atheist, but still arguing things like why they are foolish to use Jehovah in the NT. The guy wanted to study and we went round and round. Very hard for him to argue from authority using a book I grant no authority. At one point, I told him a friend of mine was ex JW and told me about them. And I presented him with printouts of the UN scandal. He didn't want to take them. He also decided we weren't getting anywhere and to call it off. And I've never known them to knock on my door since.

Now I think I'm noted on the territory card. Apostate? Atheist? Who knows? But they aren't calling. And I miss that debate with them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

My wife was told not to stop and engage the H/H in conversation....just thrust the invite in his hand after the briefest preamble. Hell ! a 10 year old could do that. What is the point of their meeting up a mile or two from the territory to "discuss" what they are to do, then travel back to work on pairs. No wonder only a few invites get taken.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Seems kind of nuts. We all know how hard it is to get anyone at home in the first place-and that someone is willing to talk? My husband would have invited them in for tea! This new way they are doing things is stupid.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

You're right, it is stupid. My mother would have thought so...when she did it, they actually knew their stuff.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    My wife was told not to stop and engage the H/H in conversation....just thrust the invite in his hand

Yes, that's what they are told to do both with the convention tract and the memorial tract.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit