What Does A Examination The Classic Response By The Watchtower's Responce To The News Media About Child Abuse Cover Ups : "They Abhor It" ?

by Brokeback Watchtower 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes BW their intentional long standing cover up is now back firing in the opposite direction .

The mighty Watchtower is starting to crumble down over its own inherent corruption.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

They probably paid some attorney a lot of money to come up with that statement so they have to get their money's worth out of it.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Marking this thread. Yes, they abhor the payouts for covering over child abuse up. I'm Waiting for someone to start with the reasoning comparing WT to Sears Bankruptcy at any moment.

It is as if they have no legitimate Bible-based "moral code" to base their decisions and the pitiful scripture they do use, "to have two witnesses to substantiate abuse" is pathetic in this situation. What happened to the Urim and the Thummim and we will just let the local law enforcement be that and find out if there is abuse or not.

It's interesting that even when they substantiated abuse by an individuals confession that the appropriate authorities were NOT informed. In fact, in many cases, WITHIN A FEW YEARS after the incident the WTBTS would appoint the abuser as a Ministerial Servant. Yes, it is so obvious that they ABHOR child abuse, especially when someone else is charged with it like the Catholic Church.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This what happens when people with power are stupid, ignorant, bent to protect their own image, pretentious and apathetic, ........ someone usually gets hurt.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

'Course they "abhor" it.

It's causing them nothing but problems.

:smirk:

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

If I try to flag up anything in the news about JWs and child abuse, my friends and family throw back that WT quote. To the ordinary witness it means that such things can not happen inside a "spiritual paradise".

To which I say well why do elders serve on judicial committees dealing with all sorts of "perceived sins"? Because sometimes these things happen.

But they reply back that only apostates would take the society to court because they don't care about bringing reproach upon Jehovah’s name.

In other words, you can't win with this brainwashed attitude. The Society is right, me and everyone else is wrong.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yeah I think the Governing Body gave it their best shot in Jeho-lingo to keep the faithful from jumping ship so early in this downward spiral for the corporation financially. They are probably weighing future contribution losses against future lawsuits losses and keep the contribution's coming won on that pathetic public statement "we abhor bla bla bla"

Their rise to the top of power in the Watchtower corporation was their ability to manipulate the rank and file towards corporation goals and profits so they are stuck in that type of response to anything that comes their way even child molestation lawsuits announcements to inquiries from the press.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Sigfrid:
    I'm Waiting for someone to start with the reasoning comparing WT to Sears Bankruptcy at any moment.

You are late to the party. Morph was on this days ago

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5079797567848448/sears-has-finally-filed-bankruptcy

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

What do you call a person that can't give a direct answer to a question? Theodore.

Teddy Boy fielding a guestion @8:40 min. notice the obscuration and dodging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebnBzVXDA9Q&index=7&list=PL424B4BC16011FA99

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

In 2018 few things can still shock me, but Ted's arrogance in the video, and the Watchtower's arrogance on this issue to this day never cease to amaze me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit