Has anybody experienced a judicial committee in a private venue?

by Chook 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

I think getting them to agree to a private place would give you an edge (even if the egde of their sword closer to home). If I'm ever hauled before their kangaroo court I will only go on one of three conditions .1 non Jw venue .2 with legal representation . 3 the recording of proceedings. I know there is no chance with 2 and 3 but with 1 I could take them out of their comfort zone. I will never put another suit on for Jw or anybody, I think I would ask for my wife present, play the old one fresh card.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree. No legal representation...no meeting. Any decision or announcement without proof needs to go to my attorney in writing. They won't do it. Their rules, their game. I don't play by their rules or play their game.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Seems like you always mention what you do, say or plan to do, but never say what the result of your action, words or plan is.

Would you share what their response will be when you tell them?

• fulano
    fulano

The answer is yes, many times, brothers and sisters not living close to their kh.

So what?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think your idea is great, take away any power they think they have. Make sure the recording is a Video, so it can go out on the Internet !

Many years ago, pre-Internet I remember the Elders in my K. Hall were trying to DF a guy, I think for Apostasy, simply because he insisted on Legal representation, they dropped the idea of a J.C !

Now though I think they just D.F you in Absentia if they want to. So you need to send the proper letter stating that if they do that, you will sue each of the 3 Elders for defamation etc.

• steve2
    steve2

They don't even need to meet with you to effect an outcome that meets the organization's instructions.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i just dont get all this making it tough for a judicial committee.

if a person has done / is doing something they know is against the cult rules---just suck it up. either meet with the committee--or dont. either way--he /she will get kicked out--isnt that what they want ?

you cant remain a cult member if you dont accept their rules.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When I was being harassed by the elders, I politely reminded them to "respct boundaries, or I may be forced to avail myself of the legal means at my disposal"

That was a polite way of threatening action if they maligned my name.

It didn't work. While they never publicly said anything from the platform and never took "judicial action", the elders SURE DID run around slandering my name and character to EVERY member of the local congregation as well as most within the surrounding circuits.

Im treated as a DF person even though they never took the action.

I reckon they feel quite proud of themselves really.

• sir82
    sir82

I can't imagine a situation in which the judicial committee would agree to meet outside of a Kingdom Hall, excepting dire situations (they might meet in a prison, in a hospital room, etc).

I think in the case of the Bethelite who was caught in Chicago soliciting young boys for sex a few years back, they went to the jail where he was being held after his arrest and DF'ed him there.

But if you're not half-dead or injured or in prison, I think they'd view "refusal to go to the Kingdom Hall" as a sign of "no repentance" and DF you in absentia.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz
    Im treated as a DF person even though they never took the action.

Stuckinarut this is kind of perfect. The people who really cares about you won't stop talking to you since there's no announcement. The others, I suppose you don't miss them.

Oh man, I so hope it goes this way with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit