I know

by Jesus Christ 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

I know that my grandmother died before her time because she refused a transfusion that could have saved her life long enough to see her grandson get married.

I know there was nothing I could have told my cousin back in high school when he said he didn?t want to disobey god by taking blood to fight his leukemia but even more importantly didn?t want to die.

I know I have a cousin whose wife loves him but unlike most couples doesn?t expect to spend forever with her husband because he?s the only one that will be going to heaven.

I know everyone else thinks this is a good thing.

I know another cousin who has stood in front of thousands of his fellow believers and talked about organizing their gatherings.

I know how it feels to tell all your friends you can?t go swimming with them in the summer time because you have to put on a suit and tie so you can try to convert people and only be allowed to hang out with other people who do the same thing.

I know what its like to be 25 years old and not have hardly any friends because you frightened all the normal ones away and the ones you used to preach with and would do anything for won?t talk to you because you can?t worship their twisted version of god.

I know the most intelligent man I ever met depended on the people he thought were his friends to help him while he cared for his dying wife.

I know he committed suicide after his wife died and the people who claim to be the most caring people in the world didn?t have time for him and he fell into a deep depression.

I know I didn?t spend enough time with him.

I know the leaders of a church who convinced a kid in high school that he was a burden and a disappointment to his friends, his family, and his god all because he loved a girl that didn?t go to their same church.

I know I would have killed myself that night were it not for the love of that girl.

I know some very smart kids who gave up full scholarships to good schools at the encouragement of their parents and their church leaders so they could be door-to-door salesmen and give people religious materials on the street.

I know those same people support their lifestyles by cleaning those same buildings that they should be the executives in.

I know people who told my sister?s husband that the best way to stop drinking was to pray about it and god would get him through it.

I know people who told my sister she should stay with her husband and just pray about it more because her husband was an angry drunk and he put her the hospital.

I know that happened more than once.

I know my sister got hassled because she left her abusive husband and his daddy was a higher-up in the church and didn?t it to tarnish his image.

I know what Bob Dylan meant when he said Jesus could never forgive the things that you do.

What do I know about being a Jehovah?s Witness? I know more than anyone ever should.

• bisous
    bisous

i see my story in many of your experiences. i know many of those same truths, as well as the many lies fed us as "Truth".

i'm sorry for your pain, and mine too.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Thank you for posting that. Powerful, ((Jesus Christ)).

• wednesday
    wednesday

indeed very powerful a.It truly is a sad and painful thing, if we start listing them. glad u are here, jc.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Good post, Jesus. (BTW is you middle initial really H.???)

"I can see that your head,
    Has been twisted and fed,
    With worthless foam from the mouth."

Just like the rest of us. Its good to be free! We have heard the chimes of freedom flashing..

Pope

• nelly1
    nelly1

oh man there is some mighty accountability somewhere huh? I shake my head when I think of what all of us on this board have had to suffer..its a wonder we are all sane...and no one on this earth jw or not could convince me that jehovah doesnt care about or disaprove of the things that were done in his name.

their day will come dont worry

hang in there there is always a light at the end of the tunnel

huggss

nelly

• fran
    fran

very sad,

So many suffering and have suffered at the hands of this dreadful cult............their day is coming..the Lord is watching and He will act.We are getting stronger,exposing them for what they are.

• Sirona
    Sirona

JC,

What do I know about being a Jehovah?s Witness? I know more than anyone ever should.

That knowing is the answer to their questions of "Why?" - They ask "Now you're out of the truth (??), WHY do you want to tell us your version of the story? WHY are you angry?"

Your post answers that question. Noone should KNOW this pain in the JWs and so we try to warn people before its too late for them.

Sirona

• kj
    kj

JC,

Knowledge is power. Thank you for sharing with us.

kj

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey JC .I know alot of that also....So many of your "KNOWS" I know from personal experience. The only differance between you & I ----is---You are young enough ( I think) to get on with your life .Leaving those false prophets behind..While I am waiting to be delivered into a "pine box" soon( I hope) spent most of my time knocking on doors telling lies.So do what ever you can to wisen up those who are studying ( which your doing it sounds like) And enjoy the rest of your life with the ONE who's name your using.... He has helped ME forgive them..((((HUG))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit