I bought a bible

by Beans 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beans
    Beans

This is freaky for me, I have no belief that there is God but I wanted to have a bible for refrence so I picked up the KJV. I think it is a good version to have as some JW's like to quote from it and is good for solving arguments and answering questions.

I have not had a bible since I was 15 and don't even know where my green book went after I quit. Funny thing is when I open it up I really have no idea what to look at or look for because I really have no interest in any of it's content. Oh well.

The first scripture I looked at was Jermaiah 25: 27 and 28 though.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    The first scripture I looked at was Jermaiah 25: 27 and 28 though.

It's one of the few worth memorizing.

Walter

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you. And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.

Really, Beans, I can't imagine what you found interesting about that scripture...

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

BTW, in the NWT, it says: "drink and get drunk and puke". I once knew an old Witness who insisted that 'puke' was a bad word. A friend of mine replied by showing her that verse in the NWT.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YIKES!

here's a useful site with lots of translations: http://bible.gospelcom.net/

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

The King James Version is the one I've used all my life..... just "sounds" biblical (or is it bible-ie?).

• mouthy
    mouthy

Jump For Joy Beans Bought a Bible....Beans bought a Bible !!!!! Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka WakkaHey come over to my house !!!!Blowing KissesBring the "lamp" with you!!!!! THE LORD IS CALLING YOU after all the many people you have helped Bouncy 3Clappy

Now ! now you Atheists. DONT BE NAUGHTY!!! stop those bad words you have just said !!!!!

• Beans
    Beans

Luke 12 19 And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

• Valis
    Valis

Hey mouthy...I have three bibles...does that mean me and Brother Beans can come over and read heed the words set forth in jeremiah 25:27-28?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was thinking of the ones in Proverbs 23:20,21 29,--35..

For drunkards & gluttons become poor & drowsiness clothes them in rags.

29-35....says Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who linger over the wine-who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.( you can read the rest to 35 ......

Hey You kicked me !!!!!! You asked !!!!! I KNOW what the booze can do.... I had a Father ,a Hubby, a son that liked it. I had bruises to prove that one is true...( yes I got them from hubby when he was drunk I know I forgot to read "a nagging wife is like a leaking roof." WELL we ALL learn dont we???????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit